UFC News and Discussion Thread

Belfort has been, and always has the possibility to be a killer, the lack of consistency is frustrating with that level of fighter.

But for his age and experience level Belfort is in great shape, has no major injury problems that immediately spring to mind (like Shogun's knees) and has been known to be a killer in the past, its a fight that while I am not overly excited for, at least holds a bit of interest for me because I like Vitor.

Guest Owned by Quickquid

From Meltzer:

A story by Mike Chiapetta put numbers on the UFC injury rate so far this year. In all, 27% of announced matches have been changed due to injury and 31% of announced main events have been changed. The two hardest hit were UFC 142, which had eight injury-related changes, and UFC 149, which had nine. In all, there were 72 injuries that required a replacement fighter on 21 shows, or 3.4 per show. Two years ago the average was 2 per show.

I guess that throws up 2 points.

1) The health insurance means that fighters are not taking fights when they have certain injuries that they used to fight with.

2) The training they do is too hard and as a result they are paying for it with injuries.

I doubt it. And even if he does, Silva will then proceed to, to borrow a phrase, straight up murder him. Unless his fight with Okami was actually how he plans his fights against wrestlers. Plus, Weidman is undefeated and beat a former challenger and the man who was supposed next challenger in his two previous fights.

I don't think so, unless he bulldozes Weidman. Regardless of the result of the title fight, whoever the champ is'll need time to recuperate. They could put Boetsch against the winner of Bisping-Stann to determine a Number One contender, or maybe Jake Shields (seeing as he's the only other Middleweight of note with a winning streak atm). Boetsch's normal tactic of lulling his opponent by appearing beat then smacking them must be like a dream to a guy like Silva though, even with Boetsch's wrestling background.

Also, Silva will be busy beating GSP first.

Nah, that won't happen. GSP will be busy beating Carlos Condit and then Nick Diaz will return and be busy beating GSP, all the while his lil' bro is busy defending the title he won off Bendo and then everything will be right in the world of MMA.

I know it probably won't come to fruition but Dana said if/when GSP beats Condit, he'll set up GSP vs Silva at 180lbs at Cowboy Stadium, also, fuck Nick Diaz. War Nate though. :shifty:

I know it probably won't come to fruition but Dana said if/when GSP beats Condit, he'll set up GSP vs Silva at 180lbs at Cowboy Stadium, also, fuck Nick Diaz. War Nate though. :shifty:

It won't draw as much since Belfort will have just beaten Silva.

It won't draw as much since Belfort will have just beaten Silva.

We can marry now.

• Like 1

Dana White has announced Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar "Leg Hating Bridge Troll" Palhares for UFC on FX in December.

That fight is going to be insane. And is proper punishment for shitting the bed in your debut fight.

7ena.jpg

I don't get what this means? Am I not up to date on all my memes or something?