UFC News and Discussion Thread

He is a total hero and I idolize him, so I taunted the stupid old fuck and clowned him like he was nothing.

Was thinking the exact same thing, when he said that.

I understand pushing certain things aside once you enter the octagon but you still had time to waste, acting like a big jerk to your supposed hero. :angry:

This is the new UFC, being a dick gets you title shots and PPV main events far quicker than finishing opponents.

That makes sense. It really sucks but it makes sense. And yes Ben of course I get that he isnt the only guy that taunts like that, but I don't like guys that do that. I would have had a ton of respect for this guy if instead of just taunting and hitting random shots he would have just laid into BJ and tried to knock him out.

And whats the deal with them just giving out the womens title belt? Why not have that fight be for the belt? Seems like her winning the belt would be a bigger deal than defending the belt she didnt beat anyone for.

Isn't it just because they are just merging with Strikeforce and then just changing the name and design of the Women's belt, like they did with a bunch of belts when they merged with the UFC? Either way, Ronda is defending it almost right away against Liz Carmouche so...

Yeah, Gustafsson won comfortably but Jon Jones is going to make minced meat out of him. He isn't going to last one round with a sloppy striking game like that. Also, what the hell is up with all those 10-8 rounds tonight? I mean, I did not see a 10-8 round in that fight at all.

This is the new UFC, being a dick gets you title shots and PPV main events far quicker than finishing opponents.

That makes sense. It really sucks but it makes sense. And yes Ben of course I get that he isnt the only guy that taunts like that, but I don't like guys that do that. I would have had a ton of respect for this guy if instead of just taunting and hitting random shots he would have just laid into BJ and tried to knock him out.

And whats the deal with them just giving out the womens title belt? Why not have that fight be for the belt? Seems like her winning the belt would be a bigger deal than defending the belt she didnt beat anyone for.

I think he was a little scared of the same thing that happened with Condit would happen again, in that he got too into wanting to finish it, made one mistake and lost the fight with 7 seconds left (that fight is still one of the best ever, though). I think I didn't mind even more because BJ's a dick in his own right (I mean, licking the blood of an opponent off your gloves is a freaking dickish move).

Also, Srar, if you haven't, go YouTube Ronda Rousey's Strikeforce fights. Any of them, they all end the same, in brutal, arm-wrenching fashion.

What the hell? They didn't interview Gustaffson? Boo.

Also, Srar, if you haven't, go YouTube Ronda Rousey's Strikeforce fights. Any of them, they all end the same, in brutal, arm-wrenching fashion.

I'll save you a job.

rousey-armbar-tate1-495x371.jpg

That's all you need to know.

• Like 5

Yeah, Gustafsson won comfortably but Jon Jones is going to make minced meat out of him. He isn't going to last one round with a sloppy striking game like that. Also, what the hell is up with all those 10-8 rounds tonight? I mean, I did not see a 10-8 round in that fight at all.

Don't you mean "Jon Jones or Chael Sonnen?" :shifty:

Don't you mean "Jon Jones or Chael Sonnen?" :shifty:

Doesn't make a difference, both will style all over the sloppy Swede.