UFC News and Discussion Thread

On Dec. 3, “Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 competitor Ray Elbe endured an injury most males wouldn’t wish upon their worst enemy.

While having sexual intercourse with his girlfriend, the fighter with the moniker “Magical” suffered a penile fracture. According to Elbe, it was just as traumatic as it sounds.

“I ended up fracturing my penis bone ... I tore the urinary tract, tore some membrane -- as it happened you can imagine the shock and the horror that was going on,” Elbe said in a video posted to his website on Sunday. “I jumped up from the intimate moment, blood shooting out of my groin. I immediately tried to run to the shower, felt myself losing consciousness, tried to walk back to the bed at which point I collapsed, knocking myself out. I gave myself 10 stitches and fractured a couple teeth.”

Eventually, Elbe would seek treatment at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where he stayed until Dec. 8.

“I pretty much was on display the entire time I was in the hospital,” he said.

Elbe is scheduled for another checkup on Dec. 19. At the moment, the 30-year-old Tiger Muay Thai founder must urinate through a catheter.

News of the accident first hit the OG Forum, where Elbe himself began posting details of the painful incident. In the video, Elbe said he has received an outpouring of support and well-wishes regarding his injury.

“Obviously it’s just been a really, really, really difficult injury to rehab from,” he said.

Elbe said that his doctor expects him to make a full recovery. Once he is completely healed, Elbe will head to the Philippines to train alongside K-1 standout and two-time One FC veteran Ole Laursen at the Legacy Gym.

Elbe has 34 professional mixed martial arts bouts under his belt, competing primarily for the Rage in the Cage promotion during a career that began in 2002. He last competed at Martial Combat 11 in Singapore on Oct. 15, 2010, where he submitted the well-traveled Shannon Ritch with a triangle choke in the first round.

Look out, penises!

Hendricks vs Ellenberger is added to UFC 158 in addition to GSP vs Diaz and Condit vs MacDonald. Sakara vs Cote was added too, but Sakara got injured so that one was scratched. Patrick Coté announced later he was dropping to welterweight. They should make a 'welterweights only' main card for this PPV, like they did with the heavyweights couple of months ago.

Kampmann & Koscheck both come of a loss to Johny Hendricks, so that would be a nice fight, but I'm not sure Kampmann will recover by then. Pierce Vs Pyle could be added too, perhaps...

Hendricks vs Ellenberger is added to UFC 158 in addition to GSP vs Diaz and Condit vs MacDonald. Sakara vs Cote was added too, but Sakara got injured so that one was scratched. Patrick Coté announced later he was dropping to welterweight. They should make a 'welterweights only' main card for this PPV, like they did with the heavyweights couple of months ago.

Kampmann & Koscheck both come of a loss to Johny Hendricks, so that would be a nice fight, but I'm not sure Kampmann will recover by then. Pierce Vs Pyle could be added too, perhaps...

Josh Koscheck is fighting Robbie Lawler at UFC 157

Well... Velasquez is a very good striker too and I think if he can hit JDS, it's probably lights out for Dos Santos too. And while he's got crazy hands, he's no Anderson Silva yet in terms of striking defense.

I hope this one goes to the ground at least for a bit of the time, just to see how good JDS his jiu-jitsu is (he claims it's better then his striking).

Well... Velasquez is a very good striker too

No, he isn't. He walks in straight on with his head up, for a boxer of JDS's calibre, you might as well be headbutting his fist.

No, he isn't. He walks in straight on with his head up, for a boxer of JDS's calibre, you might as well be headbutting his fist.

There's 9 guys who could disagree with you, among them Stojnic, Kongo, Lesnar, Nogueira and Big Foot Silva. Sure, no boxers of JDS calibre but no slouches either...

I think Velasquez can knockout JDS too... (allthough the opposite is more probable).

No Goldberg tonight, he's 'taking time off', so Anik/Rogan are on commentary.

VERY GOOD NEWS!

Part of me wants to see Cain get the takedown so we can see just how good JDS is at BJJ.

Well... Velasquez is a very good striker too

There's 9 guys who could disagree with you, among them Stojnic, Kongo, Lesnar, Nogueira and Big Foot Silva. Sure, no boxers of JDS calibre but no slouches either...

I think Velasquez can knockout JDS too... (allthough the opposite is more probable).

You're both right, it's just that Gary is speaking to what will inevitably get Velasquez soup-boned. Check out the Almighty Jack Slack's analysis of Velasquez to get a better idea of why Cain's defense is likely going to doom him.