UFC News and Discussion Thread

I've just seen Tim Kennedy's tweets when he was looking for an opponent, damn funny stuff. Hope he gets whatever Twitter bonuses the UFC still throws around.

Also, note to anyone non-Brazilian, don't go to the judges when fighting a Brazilian in Brazil because you're not winning. Ever.

I've just seen Tim Kennedy's tweets when he was looking for an opponent, damn funny stuff. Hope he gets whatever Twitter bonuses the UFC still throws around.

Also, note to anyone non-Brazilian, don't go to the judges when fighting a Brazilian in Brazil because you're not winning. Ever.

Jake Shields is waving at you.

Jake Shields is waving at you.

Phil Davis as well.

Apparently, as per Jeremy Schaap of ESPN on twitter, Palhares is banned from the UFC and won't ever compete for them again.

Was there some kind of language barrier or something? Just not understanding why, unless you hate the guy you're fighting and legit want to break him, you pull that shit.

Apparently, as per Jeremy Schaap of ESPN on twitter, Palhares is banned from the UFC and won't ever compete for them again.

Was there some kind of language barrier or something? Just not understanding why, unless you hate the guy you're fighting and legit want to break him, you pull that shit.

Even with a language barrier, he's done this before, so I'm sure somebody in whatever language, has told him, hey, let's not do that again.

Yeah, but there's no way it's going to happen. And Rebney knows that. So he's basically trying to call the UFC's bluff, and when the UFC laughs off this "offer" Bjorn will say he was being fair.

Which he isn't being. Especially to Askren.

Hopefully it just doesn't turn into Bellator vs Alvarez V2.

I appreciate a great wrestling game, but GSP and Askren, in my opinion, are 2 of the most boring fighters in MMA, the Dan Hardy fight is the last time I stayed awake for an entire GSP fight (although I'll admit I haven't seen the Nick Diaz fight).

Once again, just my opinion, not saying it shouldn't happen, if it happens, fine, but I won't be watching, which I know, not Dana, GSP, Askren or anybody else is gonna lose a wink of sleep over it. :P

Don't worry, it's never going to happen, the UFC is not going to let Askren walk in and get an immediate title shot.

Again, I know a lot of people don't enjoy it, but a lot of people misinterpret what a boring fight is, IMO. To me a boring fight is one where there's a lot of inactivity (latest example I can think of is the Tim Kennedy versus Gracie fight, as Gracie gassed in like the first round and Kennedy was just content to hold him against the cage), not one where just because it looks like one guy is holding the other down that means that there isn't fighting going on. That would mean that the Shields-Maia fight was a shitfest.

To me, GSP has had a lengthy resume of entertaining fights, with Jon Fitch, Pitbull, Condit. The one boring fight might have been the Shields one, as Jake was just perplexed at what to do and was content to let GSP jab his face off. Askren is an acquired taste, I'll admit, but he's a colourful character, and his wrestling game is actually just so phenomenal in Bellator and that's why it leads to boring fights, as he nullifies his opponent into inactivity.

Also, if you thought the GSP / Condit fight was boring then you're crazy.