UFC News and Discussion Thread

Um, yes, I'd rather there be no card at all.

Just because they're bringing the brand name to my region does not mean I get don't get to complain, especially as a potential consumer, that they have filled the card with regional fighters, and not even top ones at that.

The next time a UFC event in your region has a co-feature (I'm only speculating, though, as their fight's on the poster), involves a 2-0 who hasn't fought in a year and both his wins are over complete nobodies (actually I'm sure they both have losing records), would you be saying the same thing? I'm envious as fuck of you guys that get good MMA live wherever you are.

Just because they're bringing the brand name to my region does not mean I get don't get to complain, especially as a potential consumer, that they have filled the card with regional fighters, and not even top ones at that.

The next time a UFC event in your region has a co-feature (I'm only speculating, though, as their fight's on the poster), involves a 2-0 who hasn't fought in a year and both his wins are over complete nobodies (actually I'm sure they both have losing records), would you be saying the same thing? I'm envious as fuck of you guys that get good MMA live wherever you are.

It's a region that's not a proven MMA draw, I'm sure if the show does well, they'll bring in a couple of bigger names next time.

Co feature is Kawajiri vs Soriano as far as I can tell, a JMMA legend vs an 8-0 prospect, not a bad co main. In fact the card has a bunch of prospects I would like to see myself, Holloway, Chope, Mulhern, Taisumov, Issa... Sure, not a great big name in there, but for a card which will be streamed on line what were you expecting?

Fine, I'll have the card over in England and be happy to go watch it, I would love to get more regular cards over here, sure we get good fights, but its maybe once or twice a year until now, support the fights you get and more will come your way, for now you are acting a bit like a spoilt brat, and the record being stuck on "this card sucks, this card sucks, this card sucks" is getting grating

• Like 1

Just now, I was looking at the Murdoch owned sunday paper in Australia and they were verbally attacking the ufc thuggery and the type of people who enjoy it, based on the recent event in Brisbane.

Just thought I'd show you all,what I was talking about.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/ufc_a_disgrace/

Prey hilarious how ignorant the guy is and also he responds to most of the comments, which is also pretty funny.

Co feature is Kawajiri vs Soriano as far as I can tell, a JMMA legend vs an 8-0 prospect, not a bad co main. In fact the card has a bunch of prospects I would like to see myself, Holloway, Chope, Mulhern, Taisumov, Issa... Sure, not a great big name in there, but for a card which will be streamed on line what were you expecting?

Fine, I'll have the card over in England and be happy to go watch it, I would love to get more regular cards over here, sure we get good fights, but its maybe once or twice a year until now, support the fights you get and more will come your way, for now you are acting a bit like a spoilt brat, and the record being stuck on "this card sucks, this card sucks, this card sucks" is getting grating

Yeah, I'll definitely watch it, but I admit I was really excited when they announced, and when they announced the main and co-main events. The thing is, though, I wanted to go watch it live, but it's 200 bucks just for the cheapest ticket, something in my estimation is not worth it for that card at all. Maybe it is to you, but I'm saving my money. Also, I understand that the UFC does not consider us a big market, but still, the ticket prices are insane in my mind, at least for someone of middle income like myself.

To say that I have to pay for this half-assed card just so that the UFC can see dollar signs and bring more cards here is flawed, I think, though. It'll just legitimize their beliefs that they can fill the cards up with regional guys (most of which I can see on the regional circuit anytime), put an overpriced tag on it and know that people here will pay for it.

It's the biggest MMA organization in the world, of course I should be spoilt by them. It'd be like if a big football team came here and then only announced 6 guys from the main squad, and the rest were actually reserves.

Yeah, I'll definitely watch it, but I admit I was really excited when they announced, and when they announced the main and co-main events. The thing is, though, I wanted to go watch it live, but it's 200 bucks just for the cheapest ticket, something in my estimation is not worth it for that card at all. Maybe it is to you, but I'm saving my money. Also, I understand that the UFC does not consider us a big market, but still, the ticket prices are insane in my mind, at least for someone of middle income like myself.

To say that I have to pay for this half-assed card just so that the UFC can see dollar signs and bring more cards here is flawed, I think, though. It'll just legitimize their beliefs that they can fill the cards up with regional guys (most of which I can see on the regional circuit anytime), put an overpriced tag on it and know that people here will pay for it.

It's the biggest MMA organization in the world, of course I should be spoilt by them. It'd be like if a big football team came here and then only announced 6 guys from the main squad, and the rest were actually reserves.

Absolutely not, if the UFC is to grow and put on the c50 fight cards a year then you are going to have fight cards generally filled with regional talent, putting it simply, if each card has 12 fights on it, that is 600 fights in the UFC this year, if you then average 2.5 fights per fighter in that period that means you will need 240 fighters, you can't expect them to have 240 name fighters to send to places, it will take time, say they do 3 fight cards in that region, each card could have a new stand out fighter come out of them, that is the drawback of not having foresight.

The reason the big football teams come across is to make a quick bit of big money or please a sponsor, the UFC is doing neither of those, instead growing the brand, with this and the likes of TUF China its going to be a slow process, but why not try and create regional interest, people in the country are more likely to be interested in their compatriots than sending across a 10-2 guy from the US, it will just be a steady build, look at the UK, they give us some average cards over the past few years, with high ticket prices, which have been well received and then we have had the likes of the interim bantamweight title fight and Lyoto come across and next we will be getting a main event with Gus vs Jimi and maybe Bisping on the card too, patience is a virtue with the UFC, they always do well by their fans in the long run, just bear with it.

Aye, that's true. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of having so many fight cards per year. It's great for fighters, also, I'll admit. I guess it's because even though the fight cards in Australia and UK have been average compared to the big markets in US and Canada and the like, it was still brimming with talent, while the Singapore card has less, that that's why I was so disappointed with the card.