UFC News and Discussion Thread

Speaking of PPV $$$, UFC has upped the price $5 on 168, 169, and 170, despite saying it was only going to be a one time deal. Good luck selling Rashad Evans vs Daniel Cormier for sixty bucks.

According to Dana White err'body wants to see Vitor vs Weidman/Anderson winner... I am still shrugging personally, what's everybody else's feelings on the matter?

My initial impression was "Who the fuck are these people?".

The fight I want to see is Machida/Silva. I doubt we'll see it, but I'm not overly keen on seeing Belfort get knocked out again by Silva or Belfort/Weidman. In fairness to him he's on a three fight winning streak with three straight KO's too, so it doesn't really surprise me.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Speaking of PPV $$$, UFC has upped the price $5 on 168, 169, and 170, despite saying it was only going to be a one time deal. Good luck selling Rashad Evans vs Daniel Cormier for sixty bucks.

Honestly, though, how many were willing to pay $55 for that (though the undercard will probably be stacked)? 168 and 169 should still do reasonably well, though.

He's talked about it for years, he is just a MASSIVE geek, he was basically the chubby kid at school

In other Josh Barnett related news....

The winner of the Browne/Barnett fight this weekend is due to then fight Werdum with the winner facing Cain when the latter is recovered from Shoulder surgery. I believe the aim for the Werdum fight will be lateQ1/EarlyQ2 2014, with the title fight post summer 2014 as Cain's recovery timetable is supposedly longer than originally planned.

The early prelims? Aren't those online only? I know we don't get them in the US on TV. (Regular prelims are on FS1 here)

And if Lesnar did come back, I'd want to see him fight guys he could hang with. I don't want to see JDS or Cain destroy him in 2 minutes. He wouldn't even need to think about title contention, just take the occasional spectacle fight against guys like Roy Nelson. I think Lesnar vs Mark Hunt could be pretty fun.

Can someone explain to me how Travis Browne's elbow strikes aren't illegal?

They were standing elbow strikes to the side of the head, coming down at an angle, what's illegal about that?

Can someone explain to me how Travis Browne's elbow strikes aren't illegal?

They were standing elbow strikes to the side of the head, coming down at an angle, what's illegal about that?

I thought it was downward elbows too? I saw the Gonzaga fight and those looked greasy, but I wasn't sure on the rule.