UFC News and Discussion Thread

UFC 167 reportedly did between 600k and 650k buys. St Pierre's lowest since 08. Still, buys as a whole have been horrible since the Mayweather fight, and GSP outsold Pacquiao who fought the week before.

Really interesting to see if 168 gets a lower than estimated number as well. And I'm not talking Dana White estimated.

Buy rates really don't mean as much as they used to. When UFC's model was all about pay per views it made the difference, but they have moved to free tv, they have the dedicated sports channel in south america, mainstream free tv coverage in Brazil pulling in huge numbers and now the new subscription site for some of the non-US cards, I suspect that the income from PPV buys is not as important as it used to be.

The only times I've ever paid(helped to pay, that is) for a UFC PPV were 100 and 116 with Lesnar. There's not really a point given the amount of free television they put out. If I hear there's a good fight on a PPV card, I'll try and catch it whenever it hits Youtube. If there's a main event I really want to see live, I have other means. :shifty:

I really want to see Anderson and Vitor once again, and in fact if Silva stays at 185 if he loses to Weidman, I think that's the fight that should happen, while Machida or Jacare fight Weidman. This is all if Weidman wins, of course. That's just the fight fan in me talking though.