World Cup 2010 Thread

I'm expecting many a Portugese player to be knocked out by Drogba and his armcast, also the two world cup favourites are in action in about 10 minutes, cannot wait...

I'd say it was a bit of a stretch to describe Japan as looking "strongish"... They really achieved very little for the majority of the game and were fortunate not to concede towards the end.

Pulling for the Cote d'Ivoire over Portugal this afternoon. At the very least I'm hoping for a draw. Then Brazil v DPRK will just be an amusing spectacle.

I can't bring myself to care much about either New Zealand or Slovakia though...

I'm expecting many a Portugese player to be knocked out by Drogba and his armcast

Even if it causes Drogba to be sent off and ends his tournament, to see him channel Bob Orton and knock Ronaldo clean out would seriously make my year.

• Like 1

BBC Sport's Chris Bevan On Twitter: "Interesting weather news for England-Algeria here in Cape Town on Friday night - we've been warned to expect SNOW. So don't wear shorts."

Playing a football match against a north African side in the snow?

Advantage: England. :pervert:

I think the home/away strip is determined by the way the matches are set out, yes? In which case it's 'England vs Algeria' rather than 'Algeria vs England', so I imagine we would be.

I would say League One Playoff final is giving them too much credit, more like Conference, mind it hasn't been as boring as I thought it would be, but it certainly hasn't been a good match. Hopefully they'll come out and attack in the second half! Although one of the themes of the opening matches seems to be how closely matched each team is (asides from S. Korea/Greece and Germany/Australia.)

• Admin

This Weiss lad looks useful.

Interesting fact - his dad is the coach and his grandfather used to play for Czechoslovakia too.

Weiss Jr Jr. is the one who came through early this year at City before doing a whole lot of nothing on loan at Bolton, IIRC.