World Cup 2010 Thread

That's not entirely a bad idea. Would be strange not having the home team in the competition however, but I doubt the US could hang in a Euro competition. That's a harsh competition. No easy teams.

This entire situation could be averted slightly by changing the way the Confederates cup works.

Allow the Confederates cup to be in a different place to the World Cup and voila, you have three possible tournaments that you can rotate every four years. Give USA the Confederates, Spain the Euros and England the World Cup.

Spain wants to host with Portugal which is ridiculous considering its size and stadiums. But I think I read somewhere they are basically out of the contention already due to shitty management. Telling ya, it's between England/Russia/Holland&Belgium.

What!?

You have 10 stadiums that are 40,000 and larger, and have a handful more that have been earmaked for expansion over this size, or ones that could be expanded at a smallish cost, Spain could do it by themselves (Y)

You have 10 stadiums that are 40,000 and larger, and have a handful more that have been earmaked for expansion over this size, or ones that could be expanded at a smallish cost, Spain could do it by themselves (Y)

We're gonna give only our big three. They only want our help because of our success with Euro 2004. We never wanted to expand our stadiums (there was talk to expand Braga and Algarve but was quickly forgotten).

This. It just sounds like they can't do it themselves despite being a big country with enough stadiums.

This. It just sounds like they can't do it themselves despite being a big country with enough stadiums.

They could, of course they don't need our three stadiums, but after Euro 2004 we can help them image-wise.

If Austria, Poland, Ukraine and Switzerland can all capably host the Euro's, I don't see why Portugal couldn't host an international tournament with Spain.

Although England are going to win anyway because we win. At everything. Even life. :shifty:

If Austria, Poland, Ukraine and Switzerland can all capably host the Euro's, I don't see why Portugal couldn't host an international tournament with Spain.

Although England are going to win anyway because we win. At everything. Even life. :shifty:

Especially in World Cup(s).