World Cup 2010 Thread

Really pleased with the result. John Terry launching himself at the ball head first was brilliant.

As for USA, glad they went through. I think, technically, Dempsey was offside for the goal (and I loves me some Dempsey, just that if any active part of the body is in an offside position, like his big toe >_>, it's offside), but glad they scored because the goal in the game before was a bullshit call, and they didn't deserve to go out.

Germany have only looked good against an abysmal Australia.

England were excellent for the first 60 minutes and would have given anyone a run for their money.

To be fair, I'd hardly say that thing last week with Serbia in it counted as a football match.

• Like 1

The mistake by Green proves crucial for USA o_O

Not so much if we hadn't been robbed of a win. I'm over that now, though.

Exactly. I told myself I would get over the Slovenia game, as long as we advanced. Now I'm too busy dancing some bastardized version of a jig to give a damn.

So now a very real possibility for England's route to the final (let's ignore the reality that they'll fall at the first hurdle for a moment) is Germany, Argentina, Portugal, Brazil.

AKA, all our nemises from recent tournaments lined up in a GAUNTLET O'DOOM.

...Would be the most awesome WC ever if we beat them all though. :shifty:

I have to admire England getting their hopes so high about winning the tournament after scraping through a relatively easy group with one 1-0 win.

I'm delighted for the USA too, backing them from the start. If Germany win the group then there is a very easy path to a semi final for who ever steps up, so today was a good day for the World Cup.

Lets just say Germany don't finish 2nd. You're looking at these 2nd round games

Uruaguay vs South Korea

USA vs Ghana/Serbia/Australia

Seeing one of those in the semis will be great. Lets just hope Germany win the group now. I hope Germany win tonight and the Aussies draw with Serbia sending Ghana through as runners up.