Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

If they fix some of the silly things in Universe, I might get it. Looking at Slogger's post alone, while the Sheamus-Cena thing seems fun, he's also fighting R-Truth for the US Title despite being WWE Chanpion? Yeah, a lot of it seems very random.

Yeah, Most of it is very good though.

Shad and JTG have been having matches on Smackdown for a couple of in game months now - Ditto Kelly and Beth (Beth just attacked K2 from behind and stole back the #1 Contendership for McCool)

and my CAW and Show teamed up against Swagger and McIntyre in a match made by the AI - Everyone but myself were in the top 3 or 4 in the World Title rankings.

I played a "Mystery Partner" match in Universe and Ziggler came out to be Archers partner and then the next night on Smackdown I faced Archer with Ziggler as his manager.

It's got some flaws but I'm very impressed with the ground work that they have here.

Alright, WWE Universe is awesome.

Sheamus became #1 Contender during April and when the Title match vs Cena at Backlash - Sheamus sneak attacks Cena but as Sheamus' music is playing (As opposed to while Cena is making his entrance) A quick Pale Justice later and Sheamus is the new WWE Champion.

Then at Extreme Rules, Melina wins the Divas Title, McIntyre the IC, Taker the WHC, While Truth and Wisdom win the tag straps after Truth retained the US title against Sheamus earlier in the night.

Also downloaded Danielson (Renamed the most downloaded Daniel Bryan), AJ Styles and Goldberg, But I've got to fix a few entrances and move sets - Any suggestions of any other really good ones?

So I'm playing as hart foundation against Morrison and truth for tag titles. Mid-match smith walks out on me after decking me with a punch. I still manage to win and then in the post match celebration smith is back in the ring hugging Kidd and celebrating. Say what?
lol, I don't think you were supposed to win that match.

But I did because Tyson Kidd is awesome. I was kind of hoping it would do a storyline where Hart and Kidd are feuding tag champs. That'd be interesting.

I haven't played around too much with Universe mode yet, though thus far Drew McIntyre has scored an upset win over The Undertaker, and Primo over Sheamus. A couple of tag teams formed but have done nothing since, and I had an amazing clusterfuck of a US Title match between R-Truth, The Miz and John Morrison.

As ever, the Wii version seems to be lightyears behind the PS3 and 360, so missing a few features, and no DLC, but it's still fun. I like the CAW vs. Undertaker Road To Wrestlemania so far, though I'm only at the Royal Rumble - running around backstage gets old fast, though, especially as all the voice acting is so piss-poor; Randy Orton in particular is just excruciating to listen to. I like the little touches like the running order for the show next to the door being different each time, though.

The commentary is still awful - it's so lazy. I don't mind so much that they have Cole/King commentating every show as, frankly, the Smackdown announce team gets changed around far too often, so it was probably a safe bet that between doing all the voice recording and the game actually being released it would be outdated anyway. I don't even mind that much when I hear a phrase that's been used in the past few games. But within an hour of playing the game for the first time, picking up a sledgehammer lead to King saying "he's going for that ladder!", and some other move getting called by completely the wrong name. Though knowing WWE's announcers, maybe that's intentional[/smark]. As is typical of the series, it's a simple cosmetic error that they just couldn't be bothered fixing, but when other sports games have incredibly detailed and advanced commentary that doesn't just sound like spouting random catchphrases every couple of minutes, there's little excuse any more. Though the soccer-like addition of Michael Cole just randomly saying a wrestler's name when they do something like throw a punch is hilarious. During the aforementioned US Title match, there was dead silence for a good minute or so, and then Cole just says "R-Truth". Thanks for the insight, play-by-play guy.

I love Christians RTW so far

the harts knocking out Hurricane was pretty funny but seeing E & C reunite ... and against the team of R-Truth and Mike Knox? what a random situation. kazoo's fuck yeah!

so far in universe, Edge beat John Cena for the title, and the Straight Edge Society won the tag titles and HHH has become good friends with Kozlov. they both love double double I suppose.

Edited by mystikz

Not being able to vacate titles or mass-wipe the roster so you can start fresh is annoying. Means I have to spend ages deleting relationships and switching brands to "Free Agent" before I can.

I have just become allies with Chris Jericho. and our next match together. #1 Contender for the Tag Titles.

So we do the pre-match attack on The Hart Dynasty, practically Squash them and move on to face SES for the Titles.

After we win those titles, I'm moving Jericho to RAW and am going to build him up to the WWE Championship.

I just lost the World Title to Dolph Ziggler :( Stupid spamming the Fame-Asser

He's now the WHC & IC Champion... Good on him I say...

I'm moving to RAW.

Year 2 HiaC

Drew McIntyre def. The Miz for the US Title

JeRocky (My new name for Me & Jericho) are the Tag Champs after beating SES

Natalya retained the DIVAs title against Melina

Dolph Ziggler retained the IC against Christian and MVP

I lost my WHC Title to Dolph Ziggler

Triple H retained against Daniel Bryan

Not being able to vacate titles or mass-wipe the roster so you can start fresh is annoying. Means I have to spend ages deleting relationships and switching brands to "Free Agent" before I can.

You can vacate titles. Say cena is the whc, just go into the superstars screen select cena and select title. Click on the title the person holds and it will ask you if you want to vacate the title.

Championship scramble matches are only 5 minutes in universe mode?

is there any way to change this??? I want to do a Scramble, but not for five minutes

Change your sig and I'll tell you.

• Like 1