The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

I didn't like the "gas leak year" jokes. Felt like they were insulting their own writers and a bit mean spirited

Yeah, I was hoping Harmon would be the bigger man and not take lame shots at the guys that tried to keep his show alive.

Guess I totally forgot he was Dan Harmon.

• Like 2

If I completely checked out on Season 4, is catching up needed?

It's not really needed if you don't want to watch it. The only episode that I'd say you should probably watch from season 4 is Herstory of Dance because a character from that is coming back later this season.

Dan Harmon discusses the thing we've discussed behind spoiler cuts here.

I think one of my favorite things was the joke by Troy about Zack Braff only being in the first 6 episodes of Scrubs season 9.

"How dare he! Doesn't he know what Scrubs did for him???"

I quite like that, although it was spoiled for me along with some of the other brilliant lines by the trailers leading into the show.

But yeah, I also wasn't a huge fan of pot shots at season 4 either.

If I completely checked out on Season 4, is catching up needed?

It's not really needed if you don't want to watch it. The only episode that I'd say you should probably watch from season 4 is Herstory of Dance because a character from that is coming back later this season.

Dan Harmon discusses the thing we've discussed behind spoiler cuts here.

Is Rachel coming back? I was disappointed that she didn't show up in the rest of season 4.

But! As expected, I enjoyed both episodes!

The Pierce thing was just wonderful

I didn't like the "gas leak year" jokes. Felt like they were insulting their own writers and a bit mean spirited

After re-watching it, this doesn't actually make a lot of sense because the true line is Jeff's rebuttal, "Don't blame this on a gas leak year, this was a four-year process. We went in one year as real people and came out the other end as mixed-up cartoons." That actually takes more of a shot at himself (Harmon) than the guys from last year.

Also, the bit in the second episode with Troy not wanting his soda to fall off the table is a prime example of Glover turning a throwaway line into one of the best bits of the episode.

I too, felt that it was weird when they showed the whole table without Pierce. The joke they made out of it wasn't funny, though.

EDIT: Also, just in case anyone missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbr4udKLMSg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrF33fbyFZ8

Edited by Benkid

I too, felt that it was weird when they showed the whole table without Pierce. The joke they made out of it wasn't funny, though.

I liked that joke but really only because Troy said he missed Magnitude and Magnitude's catchphrase is "pop pop" and Pop Pop is a fairly common nickname for a grandfather and grandfathers are generally old and Pierce is old and so it was like the emotionally stunted Troy trying to talk about missing his former housemate and friend in a way that was less likely to get him weird looks (because, come on, Magnitude is way more likable than Pierce).

:shifty:

• Like 5

I am so glad that Prof. Ian Duncan is back this season... I loved him in the first two seasons and I've been re-watching the show recently (up to season 2 episode 18) and it's just reminded me of how great John Oliver is.

Also, Gillian Jacobs gets hotter every year. wow.

Edited by 0wen