The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Hannibal, benkid.

The guy over at the AVClub kept saying it was a general parody of crime procedurals etc. but nah, that was a straight up Hannibal parody from the title card to the atmosphere to the idea that Guy Hired To Help Us Solve This Is Actually The Culprit (there's got a be a shorter, more nuanced term for that). The Abed thing was about Hannibal as well, because the main character in that show is able to visualize himself committing murders/crimes in order to solve them.

Parks & Rec was muuuch better, I thought.

I think it was also a joke about how they expect stuff like that from Abed but it seems like he's getting tired of the pop culture shtick. Nevermind the fact that I don't think making a joke about something can always be classified as a "shot", nor are they always Harmon's faults. There are other writers on the show, ya' know.

Yeah, I didn't necessarily see it as being a "shot" either.

Punchline was pretty shit though. "Painful writing.." You can do better, Community writers!

I thought the Abed thing was a shot at shows like The Mentalist, that chess genius show, basically all those procedurals where some genius who has nothing to do with crimefighting suddenly becomes an expert crime-solver.

Also, it was a parody of the shows he deleted from his DVR at the end of the episode...The Bridge and Homeland were 2 of them I caught.

I've enjoyed this season of Parks and Rec but I'm beginning to wonder if it's because I like seeing these characters interact more than the actual plots and scripts being any good. Tom remains pretty great though; I would absolutely buy his talking tissue dispenser for someone as a joke gift.

It's at that stage of its life, yeah. Bringing back Kathryn Hahn for a scene was great, though. Jenn is a great minor character.

Also fans in Paris tracked it down and the Leslie + Ben lock is still there.

• Like 3