hugobomb

5 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

What about..

Hide contents

Lady Mormont's Crowning Moment of Badass before dying :(

Spoiler

Which time? :shifty: 

Spoiler

I'll have to reflect on that before deciding how I felt. Cinematically, it was tremendous, but I felt the Arya moment was a bit too much out of the Hollywood cliché textbook for my liking. I'm glad that the whole war against the dead thing is seemingly over because it was the least interesting aspect of the story for me. We're presumably now onto Cersei as the final boss, which carries more emotional weight.

Epic episode. Really loved how they were able to use the background of shots to show what other characters were doing.

Especially towards the end when Jon's running around trying to keep away from the dragon like he's in a Bioware game.

Speaking of, with all the built up tension, I laughed my ass off when the dragon died like a video game character. Just the way it fell was amusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMN said:

Epic episode. Really loved how they were able to use the background of shots to show what other characters were doing.

Hide contents

Especially towards the end when Jon's running around trying to keep away from the dragon like he's in a Bioware game.

Speaking of, with all the built up tension, I laughed my ass off when the dragon died like a video game character. Just the way it fell was amusing.

Spoiler

Yeah, that was giving me flashbacks to Helglen :shifty: 

7 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

What about..

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm not here for sincere reactions, I'm here to shitpost.

(but being honest, the death that moved me was Theon's. That was very good.)

First episode I've watched in full in about two years. It was good spectacle, well-executed, didn't do anything that really blew my mind in terms of actual story beats but I mean, it wouldn't, would it? Might come back for the finale.

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:
  Hide contents

I'll have to reflect on that before deciding how I felt. Cinematically, it was tremendous, but I felt the Arya moment was a bit too much out of the Hollywood cliché textbook for my liking. I'm glad that the whole war against the dead thing is seemingly over because it was the least interesting aspect of the story for me. We're presumably now onto Cersei as the final boss, which carries more emotional weight.

Watching the after show, I understand their thinking on it, but I think they foreshadowed it a little too much. Leave the call back to Syrio Forel, but leave out the 'blue eyes' stuff and I think it comes off better. They also said the NK needed to be stabbed with Valyrian steel on the spot he was stabbed by the COF, which I don't think has ever been mentioned.

I actually really like this, because the Others in the books have always been more a of a pressure than the main villains, who are always human, and not always 'evil'. Nerfing the alliance to save the world so Cersei is a realistic threat and leaving most of the season to that is great, if unexpected.

Well, I guess that now that's over, one thing's for sure:

Arya isn't going to be the one who kills Cersei. No way they piss off the fans by having her take out both major villains. 

I'm still hoping its Jamie who does the deed. The Kingslayer becomes the Queenslayer.

Just now, GhostMachine said:

Well, I guess that now that's over, one thing's for sure:

Hide contents

Arya isn't going to be the one who kills Cersei. No way they piss off the fans by having her take out both major villains. 

I'm still hoping its Jamie who does the deed. The Kingslayer becomes the Queenslayer.

Spoiler

I think that's the likely outcome, although you're probably overstating the fan backlash over Arya there. I know that some might have a problem with it, but the "casual" viewership that makes up the majority of the watchers probably wouldn't mind too much. Narratively, though, it makes more sense for Jaime, or perhaps Tyrion or even Sansa as less likely options, to kill Cersei. She's on Arya's list, but they really don't have much of a connection compared to several others.

Perhaps Arya could finish off The Mountain, however. I could imagine Sandor beating him in a battle before realising that he's achieved what he set out to, before letting Arya do the final honours.

What I'm wondering now is how Varys will die.

32 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:
  Hide contents

Do my TV settings suck or was a lot of that way too dark?

It was too dark. So was last week’s episode. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ruki said:

Amazing. Just... Amazing.

Hide contents

for a time I was convinced they were goners. All of them. Holy shit. My wife called it though, 5 major deaths for the episode.

How the hell do they beat the golden company?

Spoiler

The same way they always beat the Golden Company.

With Fire and Blood.

9 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Amazing. Just... Amazing.

Hide contents

for a time I was convinced they were goners. All of them. Holy shit. My wife called it though, 5 major deaths for the episode.

How the hell do they beat the golden company?

The Reeds have been holding the Neck against the Lannisters for years now at this point. Two dragons are still alive, the Vale likely still has fighting men, possibly the North as well since we haven't seen the Manderleys in a bit I don't believe. Plus whatever Ironborn throw in with Yara. They aren't as fucked as they look.

My soul hurts

Spoiler

My PLEASE DONT DIE list.  Edd, Beric and Jorah.  Fuck you Game of Thrones, you couldn't have possibly ripped my heart out anymore.

At least I can take comfort in....

Spoiler

Edd died saving Sam
Beric died to protect Arya
Theon died to complete his redemption for Bran
Jorah died saving Daenerys
Lyanna died like a fucking badass

Most of my predictions were dead wrong because I picked with my heart and my heart lost.

• Like 1