General Movie Thread

Jimmy

9 hours ago, TLHobo said:

RE: The Ghostbusters trailer:

Thats exactly how I feel about it.  When I heard about the all female cast, my reaction was "Oh, with the right women this could be pretty good" but I really have no strong feelings at all towards the cast.  The trailer didn't make me chuckle very much, but also didn't make me go "Nah.."

Also, first picture of Power Rangers cast

ovsTCmr.jpg

I'm far more excited for Power Rangers than Ghostbusters tbf. I mean, I expect Power Rangers to go the way of Dragonball: Evolution, but I'll still be at the cinema opening day... Mostly becaus no one else will be in the screening.

• Like 1

Not enough colours matching which colour Ranger they are, immediately let down/

RE: Ghostbusters, it didn't look bad, but it also didn't elicit a single chuckle from me, and regardless of the Ghostbusters name in general, a comedy movie that doesn't make me laugh in the trailer probably isn't going to do much for me. Shame really because outside of MM it does seem to have a lot going for it. Hope I'm proven wrong.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Not enough colours matching which colour Ranger they are, immediately let down/

The guy on the left is the Black Ranger because.... you know............................................. his shirt.

Paramount has released a shit ton of movies onto youtube. Dunno how much of it is dross and how much is decent, but still, nice. Now, why can't the music industry take note?

They're making another Power Rangers movie? For real? Is there any demand for one? I know exploiting nostalgia is a go-to for movie studios but other than maybe Linkara who is doing his history of Power Rangers series I don't think many people are nostalgic about it. Especially given the fact that it is still on TV.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

Yeah, the Power Rangers is no a brainer in the age of reboots. Even if the franchise breaks even, which it will, a studio will take the risk on it because of the chance to sell toys, make a television series, spin offs, etc.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Paramount has released a shit ton of movies onto youtube. Dunno how much of it is dross and how much is decent, but still, nice. Now, why can't the music industry take note?

I saw The Man Who Wasn't There, which is one of the only Coen Brothers movies I haven't seen yet. But most of them were movies I don't think I'd ever heard of.

Theres also Bound, which stars Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon.  Never saw it but heard it was really great

The Power Rangers movie is interesting because it's the first one not actually tied to an existing series, which is a pretty smart idea and could work out well.  They're not stuck having to use actors from the TV show and are going to be free to play around with the mythology more.

• Like 1

I don't understand what's so bad about that trailer. Anyone that's seen a Paul Feig movie (Bridesmaids, The Spy), or a movie with Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon in it should expect the type of comedy that isn't so much laugh out loud but more baffling to your brain that makes you want more.

Leslie Jones is going to kill it, though. She can't ever do wrong!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

I don't understand what's so bad about that trailer. Anyone that's seen a Paul Feig movie (Bridesmaids, The Spy), or a movie with Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon in it should expect the type of comedy that isn't so much laugh out loud but more baffling to your brain that makes you want more.

Leslie Jones is going to kill it, though. She can't ever do wrong!

I like Kisten Wiig.  I've liked what I've seen from Kate McKinnon.  I haven't seen enough about Leslie Jones to have an opinion either way, and I don't like Melissa McCarthy.  Like @TLHobo posted, the trailer gets a strong "meh" from me.  I don't hate it, but 1/2 the cast doesn't interest me enough to make me want to watch it either