General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I quite like the Scream films, there's something about them being a little self-knowing that I dig (even the on the nose 'sequel' and 'trilogy' talk amongst the nerdier characters in-film. 

Watched Agatha Christie's Crooked House on Netflix last night. Sadly quite stale and disappointing despite a rather stellar looking cast. It's nearly 2 hrs and feels closer to 3 due to the pace and lack of, well, anything happening outside of a small handful of jey scenes. 

Apparently they're going to shoot John Wick 4 & 5 back to back.

A Knight Rider movie might be in the works. Can't wait to see how they royally fuck that up. The original Knight Rider is one of my all-time favorite shows, but if they just had to revive an 80's supervehicle show for a movie, I wish they had gone with Airwolf instead.

I was completely unaware they were making a Fred Hampton movie. Holy shit though the trailer on the cast exceeds any expectations of what is a fascinating and tragic story.

Can't wait to see this!

• Like 1

Watched Project Power tonight. Good though not great, and fairly fun throughout. Slickly shot. 3-3.5/5 sort of territory. Would watch a sequel if there's to be one. 

• Like 1

Talk about a face-off. Not only is Nic Cage set to appear as a fictionalised version of himself in the upcoming film The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, but he’s even set to encounter a superfan, played by The Mandalorian star Pedro Pascal.

The Wrap reports Pascal is in talks to play Javi, a Nicolas Cage superfan “who is not all he appears to be.” We’re getting a massive whiff of Alan Partridge about this and, honestly, we can’t wait to see how it turns out.

According to the report the film centres on Cage, desperately in need of a payday, accepting $1 million to attend the superfan’s birthday party. While there, he will be “channeling his most iconic and beloved on-screen characters in order to save himself and his loved ones.” Three words: Wicker Man, please.

@GA!

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

When the fuck did Fred Durst start directing films?

2007. 'The Education of Charlie Banks' is a legitimately good film, or I thought so anyway. Notably one of the if not the first starring role for Jesse Eisenberg.

'The Fanatic' is AWFUL though. John Travolta's performance has a shout for the worst ever committed to film. He's like a self-aware Tommy Wiseau in it.