Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

In the immortal words of Frank West: Fantastic!

Though, if it's gonna be on par with a One release in terms of graphics, if not better, then I'm probably not gonna be able to run it. Still, nice to have the option. That and it's another about face involving Microsoft, granted it came moreso from Capcom themselves saying 'This is definitely only for One, it's not coming to PC or PS4.' but still, doesn't help that whole '180' image that they've managed to build up.

I wish Sniper Elite V2 saved the video of your kills. I fired, it went into x-ray mode and I saw a bullet shoot straight through a poor German's two testicles.

• Like 4

I really want Damned. Does anyone else? EWB games would be super fun!

It's a multiplayer horror game where one person is a monster and the rest of the game are a team of people trying to escape.

Think I saw a Let's Play style video of that. Seems alright, but I'd rather wait for Evolve.

Edit: Speedrunners is on sale for 25% off ($7.49 solo, $22.49 for a 4-pack). Totally impulse bought a four-pack. Should any of the RL peeps pass on it, I'll let you heathens know.

Also seriously tempted by Jade Empire SE @ $3.74 & Worms Revolution Gold @ $12.50.

• Like 1

Yeah, new post because sales, damnit.

Origin's got some pretty decent prices going down as part of an E3 Player Appreciation Sale. Titanfall goes down to $30, the digital deluxe version to $50, the deluxe version of Mass Effect Trilogy down to $15, SimCity + goes down to $20, and plenty more. Runs until next Monday, so you've got time.

Has anyone played WildStar? My brother picked it up and I've been playing on his account. It's a fairly enjoyable game, but I'm only in the early levels. I'm kind of amused by the fact that they make no bones about the Dominion being the "evil" faction. In WoW you have the whole "shades of grey" thing going for both Horde and Alliance - both sides commit war crimes! but both sides do good things and have socially conscious leaders! - whereas in WildStar, when you're playing as an Exile you find a communicator next to a Dominion corpse that's all "yes, massacre the planet's entire buzzbing (bee) population, and take all of their honey. I need honey for my afternoon tea." The Dominion's comically evil.

The big thing going against it, though, is the minimum system specs. With WoW you can have a budget PC that can run it with little trouble as long as you turn your graphics settings down. WildStar's minimum system specs are roughly the same as the recommended system specs for WoW.

Wildstar doesn't mess around in terms of specs. If you've got the rig, it can be a downright gorgeous game. The only thing I've taken away from the game thus far is that I love the combat mechanic of showing where your attack will do the most damage.

Those of you who haven't played, let me explain. Let's say you fire a gun. In Wildstar, there will be a block that appears on the ground, showing the trajectory of your attack. For our gun example, there will be a darker block straight ahead for some distance, flanked on both sides by shorter and lighter blocks. The darker block shows where your attack will do the most damage, where the lighter blocks will show where splash damage will hit.

The best part of this is that *all* attacks feature this. Even if it's cast against you, you can see where the danger zone is and get outta Dodge.

Has anybody been checking the GreenManGaming sales? They've been sort of a mixed bag (the 2K one a couple of days ago, though, was insane if you hadn't gotten XCOM and Civ 5), but I also saw a super low price for the Thief remake in that. Anyways, they have three more days of sales to come. Iunno what would be next.

I tried to play sim city again for the first time after the many patches i missed and have to say that not being able to play the game when it had server issues was good because it keept you from plaing this stinker.

I love how you can build this super futuristic monorail all through out the city and people riot because they want to ride on a bus.

Edited by Herr Matzat