AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

So, one of the fan theories I've seen floated around (SPECULATION/SPOILERS!):

Jesse lights the White house on fire, but it doesn't burn down. Walt kills Jesse in a fit of rage, realizes what he's done, and goes underground. Fast forward to a year later and he resurfaces to take care of some business, goes back to his old house, and scares his neighbor - who drops a bag of groceries, oranges rolling out. Apparently the oranges are prominent in the shot and oranges symbolize death or something like that.

Poke holes in this! It sounds super unlikely, but I'm still scared. >_>

So, one of the fan theories I've seen floated around (SPECULATION/SPOILERS!):

Jesse lights the White house on fire, but it doesn't burn down. Walt kills Jesse in a fit of rage, realizes what he's done, and goes underground. Fast forward to a year later and he resurfaces to take care of some business, goes back to his old house, and scares his neighbor - who drops a bag of groceries, oranges rolling out. Apparently the oranges are prominent in the shot and oranges symbolize death or something like that.

Poke holes in this! It sounds super unlikely, but I'm still scared. >_>

Well, here's my theory. The heat really gets turned up on Walt, and yes, he does go underground either by faking his death (which is why is neighbor is so shocked, since Walt's supposed to be dead) or by going to Saul's guy. Either his family gets killed or kidnapped by the Neo-Nazis that took over Declan's operation, and Walt's going there to either get revenge or go out in a blaze of glory. I don't have any idea who writes that big "HEISENBERG" on the wall, and maybe Jesse doesn't burn the house down, it doesn't matter.

What does matter is...why would Walt need the ricin? Remember how he described ricin poisoning? It's not so he can kill himself.

Walter White. Jesse Pinkman. Grey Matter. Blue Sky. The oranges are definitely symbolic.

Oranges are a great source of Vitamin C. The C is always capitalized in that phrase. "The Big C" is a euphemism for cancer. Walter has cancer.

C could also indicate "Captain Cook", otherwise known as Jesse, which I think is where this theory's derived from. However, since it's Jesse that, even now, refers to Walter as "Mr. White" while Walter never refers to Jesse by a proper title, I think Jesse's just a clever red herring (another color used to foreshadow) and the "captain" part of this is totally irrelevant.

Also important to remember that oranges grow on trees. As does holly which is also the name of Walter's daughter.

The dropped oranges pretty clearly indicate to me that Walter's going to cook that baby.

• Like 8

You know, not really thought about the Nazi's yet as part of the finale really. If there goal is to take over the meth empire, they need Walt for that. So say Walt runs away and goes underground, problems like Jesse and Hank get killed off by the Nazi's, the rest can either be held hostage or kidnapped. But then was is the ricin for? Dinner with Neo-Nazi leader?

Nah, I can't see them having that big a role.

How about this. Jesse is still alive and forced to cook. Hank is dead, killed by the Nazi's. Walt has escaped and has gone underground with his family, but he feels guilty about Jesse. He contacts the Nazi's, setting up a dinner meeting. Jesse is now an awesome cook because of private lessons with Gus ( :pervert:). Walt arrives and slips the ricin to Jesse, nodding, Jesse knows what to do. He poisons the dinner. Nazi Leader and Walt eat, come to an agreement. Walt says something cool like "This meth disease dies with you and me!" - boom, poison works, Walt and Nazi Leader are dead. The formula is dead. Jesse lives happily ever after and becomes Flynn's bro-dad. In Walt's absence.

Nah. Ricin doesn't act that fast.

Fuck it. Leave it to the professionals.

I've seen way too many people dismissing the fact that Jesse could be behind the "Heisenberg" written on the wall of the house. Why wouldn't he take the opportunity to have the most epic "rat out" moment by lighting a fire in Walt's house and when cops arrive they see the giant "HEISENBERG" on the wall?

He didn't want to talk to Hank, but he'll gladly rat him out to the cops. (ESPECIALLY now.)

Finally caught up. Man, I love this show.

I know I should hate Walt, but I don't.. I don't know why. The confession video was amazing, too.

Pretty much how I feel about Walt too.

I hope all of the remaining episodes are as tense and excellent as these first three of the series have been. I have little doubt that they will be too.