Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

And it's been woeful. Arsenal can barely string a pass together.

A lot of young, untested players on the pitch with a mix of talented players, so it's making for a bit of an unpredictable match. Arsenal with their sponsor and their player's names in Chinese as well is an interesting touch.

With those glasses, Wenger looks like the demon headmaster >_>.

Decent chances for Jenkinsen, Santos and Walcott for Arsenal, no RVP to put them into the net though :shifty:. Both sides could be better in the final third. Savic is being taken advantage of here at the back though and Arsenal look more likely to score at the moment.

I really do not like Savic. I hope he doesn't feature too much this season. Pantilimon is looking fairly solid though.

He's not actually too bad on the flanks, but he gets exposed very easily when anyone with skill runs at him. But yeah, he's not good enough to play for City in their starting eleven. Hope he gets some cup games because he deserves the chance, but I doubt he'll ever be that good.

Yaya Toure has bossed City's attacking options and Zabaleta has given plenty of support. Great pass by Toure and a great strike into the net.

1-0 to City.

Savic is only 21, he's got about another 5 seasons before he even begins to enter what should be considered his peak, and then another 5 years after that - plenty of time for him to develop into a great player, assuming he doesn't just get cast aside in the near future.

Yaya Toure is one of the finest players in the world at the moment, such a great player.

Savic is only 21, he's got about another 5 seasons before he even begins to enter what should be considered his peak, and then another 5 years after that - plenty of time for him to develop into a great player, assuming he doesn't just get cast aside in the near future.

Yaya Toure is one of the finest players in the world at the moment, such a great player.

I should've specified that I meant next season he probably won't be any good. I'm certainly not promoting casting aside players of that age :P. Although I hope City don't wind up needing to play him though because he was awful at CB last season, which is what happens when you rely on a 20 year old at the back >_>.

Toure deserved the goal there, despite the scrappy nature of it. Love seeing him in that more advanced role where he moves the phase to the final third. Such power and skill and knows how to pick out a pass, quality player.

Anyone know who that "Beton" guy is that the commentators keep mentioning? He must've been bought over the season, but typing 'beton' into google gets me nothing >_>.

Ahh, cheers. Haven't heard of him before but he isn't standing out on the pitch, which is sort of a good thing.

Also, Arsenal make 4 subs for the second half, and Oxlad is playing at CM? Interesting.

Silly questions solely for the purpose of my draft Fantasy Team, but is Gallas actually likely to start this season? He's cheap as chips, but I'm aware there's usually good reason for that.

Also, Toure or Lescott?

EWB Sun Dreamteam minileague if anyones doing one?

Edit: Oh, and Nir Biton

Double Edit: Whoops, already posted...

Edited by Colly