Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

The guy has been at the club for 20 years, sat on the bench for most of it and didn't complain.The fans chanted his name on the 37th minute, his shirt number and he was visibly in tears. It was brilliant.

Wasn't exactly weird and that's longer than Mellberg and Petrov combined, who got their respective wankfests. Harper is a hero!

Because the Petrov thing was a complete wankfest and totally the same thing.

The guy has been at the club for 20 years, sat on the bench for most of it and didn't complain.The fans chanted his name on the 37th minute, his shirt number and he was visibly in tears. It was brilliant.

Wasn't exactly weird and that's longer than Mellberg and Petrov combined, who got their respective wankfests. Harper is a hero!

It was showing appreciation to a loyal servant to a club, like Harper which is a great thing, I really enjoyed what Villa did for Petrov. I wasn't the one who called anything a weird wankfest.

It was showing appreciation to a loyal servant to a club, like Harper which is a great thing, I really enjoyed what Villa did for Petrov. I wasn't the one who called anything a weird wankfest.

... no I did. Because that's what I thought the Harper thing was. In retaliation, you brought up what we did for Petrov in the 19th minute as if it was the same thing when clearly it wasn't.

More a case of him lacking ambition than being loyal, IMO.

We have to force evict some people first.

People actually live around Anfield still?! I thought it was mostly deserted housing?

The Steve Harper thing was legit my favourite of the millions of send-offs in the Premier League on the last day. Bar Moyes/Neville obviously. Harper has sat on the bench for almost all of his 20 years at the club, and stepped in to the void when they needed him to for a couple of seasons. I'm sure NUFC fans appreciate his tenure at the club, and I thought it was a really nice touch when comparing it to the tributes for the likes of Carragher, Owen and Ferguson who were all retiring after much more illustrious careers.

There was an article about that eviction stuff on the Guardian site a little while ago, was pretty damning on LFC (previous regimes, not so much Fenway).

Still, it'd be sad for English football if Liverpool had to abandom Anfield to match revenue of other big clubs.

I've not read too much on it but I'l recall seeing other Liverpool based journalists being critical of the article. Need to look over it.