Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

The burning shirt thing is meaningless they're only doing it because people did it for Torres.

Nobody ever burned Christian Paulsens shirt! :(

Although when it comes to signings Allen was signed before the current scouting team actually came into place and he did start well (the club was a bit of a mess last summer), but covering for Lucas was what stretched him too far.

What worries me about the Suarez thing is that if he goes it disrupts the club again at a time when things were finally getting set.

He did shoot them into the top 6 in fairness, which I don't think would've happened otherwise. Him leaving certainly weakens them.

True but what I mean really is that losing him for a load of money should mean they're able to sign enough replacements that are at least good enough to get them back into the top 6/7. So they wouldn't go backwards. If they get £40million for Luis Suarez and don't do enough to repeat 6th place then someone has cocked up big time there.

Based on the Torres precedent they'll spend £28m of that on Adam Campbell and a further £20m on a handful of flavour of the month British midfielders. Perchies big payday basically.

To be fair, I think Henderson will turn up to be a very good signing. Obviously Liverpool fans will know more, but he looked pretty good for the couple of times I watched them play and I think he'll only get better.

Hopefully any money we spend goes on shrewd investments you can tell have a genuine quality about them (like Sturridge and Coutinho) rather than British players we spend far too much on and hope turn into world beaters. The deals working out for us at the moment seem to be players who've struggled to fulfill their potential because of lack of playing time but who've impressed when given a chance (Sturridge at Bolton, Coutinho at Espanyol) as opposed to those who've had one good season in limited sides.

I think Liverpool (I'm a United fan so you can take what I say with the necessary pinch of salt), can rectify all their PR disasters over the last couple of seasons by moving Suarez on with as little noise, and for as much money as they can get. They stood by him time and time again, wrongly a few times, and he's repaid that by publicly stating he wants to leave.

The team looks to have been making big strides towards the end of the season and if they can use the money they get to bring in someone who can score the same amount of goals with half the fuss they can continue to do so. Negredo or Saldado would be good signings although I can see Spurs sniffing around one or maybe both of those.

It's been confirmed by Everyone Alive except for José himself and Chelsea FC. Hopefully it will be official tomorrow.

Needless to say, this is on constant loop inside my head:

• Admin

Jose Mourinho returning to manage Chelsea appears to be one of the worst kept secrets in football and the Portuguese's latest comments only makes it seem more of a stitched on appointment.

"I'm going to London on Monday and I think that between Monday and the end of the week I will be the Chelsea manager," the 50-year-old tells Spanish television show Punto Pelota.

"I feel the people there love me and in life you have to look for that.

"Life is beautiful and short and you must look for what you think is best for you."

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce a new three-year partnership in Thailand with Nitto Tire that will see them become our official tyre partner in the country.

This sponsorship thing is getting a touch ridiculous.

Maaaaan, this is doing my head in. Was on another forum, and they were discussing the likeability of English players. One of them didn't like "RB" because he "looks like Jimmy Fallon," and I cannot think of who they may be talking about. Ross Barkley and Ryan Bertrand were the only two English lads with those initials I could think of, and neither look like Jimmy Fallon. This is totally pointless but I can't stop trying to work out who they mean. Halp!

All the pressure will be on them now I think.

I'm just hoping that anyway, I more see Chelsea getting even better. I mean, their midfield is unbelievable, add a top, top striker and maybe another centre back and the it's theirs to win next season.