Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Rene has already left.

No he hasn't.

According to the NOS, the Dutch equivalent of the BBC, he has, or at least is at the end of the season when Moyes comes in with his own technical staff.

Everton, noted top European club.

It depends how you're defining big. Everton have an impressive history and are fairly well known around the world. If we're defining big as "champions league potential winners" then no, they're not.

Hey guys, Luis Suarez is a very good player and is playing well for Liverpool. He is so good that he may move on to a bigger club one day. That day might be soon or it might be later, we don't know. But while he is at Liverpool, he is happy.

Love,

Fat Spanish bloke off Sky Sports

• Like 4

I think Hughes is a smart choice really. You don't go from Glenn Whelan and Dean Whitehead to slick passing football in one season and if they try to change too much too soon they could end up relegated. I racked my brains the other day trying to think of a good fit other than Hughes and couldn't find one. People forget he did a fantastic job at Blackburn, which is a much better comparison than any of the other sides he's managed.

As much as I dislike MON, he or Hughes were the smart cheap (out of work) options. Neither will revolutionise the club or the football played, but they'd work with the sloggers and hoof ball merchants.

• Admin
Swansea have granted long-serving defender Alan Tate, 30, a testimonial against his former club Manchester United. New Red Devils boss David Moyes is to send a Select XI to the Liberty Stadium on 13 August to mark the occasion. Tate started his career at Old Trafford but joined Swansea for the first of two loan spells in 2002, before making the move permanent in 2004. He said: "I'm extremely grateful to the club and Manchester United for granting me this testimonial."