Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

He did shoot them into the top 6 in fairness, which I don't think would've happened otherwise. Him leaving certainly weakens them.

True but what I mean really is that losing him for a load of money should mean they're able to sign enough replacements that are at least good enough to get them back into the top 6/7. So they wouldn't go backwards. If they get £40million for Luis Suarez and don't do enough to repeat 6th place then someone has cocked up big time there.

How was he supposed to do that with the rubbish he's been surrounded by?

It's such a weird attitude. Club has a player who is absolutely miles better than his teammates? Sell him.

And that's how clubs never go anywhere either.

He did shoot them into the top 6 in fairness, which I don't think would've happened otherwise. Him leaving certainly weakens them.

True but what I mean really is that losing him for a load of money should mean they're able to sign enough replacements that are at least good enough to get them back into the top 6/7. So they wouldn't go backwards. If they get £40million for Luis Suarez and don't do enough to repeat 6th place then someone has cocked up big time there.

Based on the Torres precedent they'll spend £28m of that on Adam Campbell and a further £20m on a handful of flavour of the month British midfielders. Perchies big payday basically.

I'd like to be optimistic that Rodgers is different but 15m on Joe Allen says otherwise.

Meh, managers make overpriced, silly or shit signings from time to time. Example, Fergie spent 7.5mil on Bebe.

I'd like to be optimistic that Rodgers is different but 15m on Joe Allen says otherwise.

Meh, managers make overpriced, silly or shit signings from time to time. Example, Fergie spent 7.5mil on Bebe.

I don't think the two are comparable. Even ignoring Fergies pretty decent transfer record (understatement), £7.5m for Man Utd is peanuts and Bebe was far from their priciest signing that year. £15m for Allen is very different.

I remember when Liverpool came to the bridge shortly after Torres was signed. Obviously they'd already had the massive spate of shirt burning (which was fun to sing at them about), but even then there were fans wearing shirts with lettering like TRAITOR 9. I can only presume they went and burned those soon after as well. ¬_¬