Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Well, I thought that, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been a boring match to watch. With all the goals and that. Especially as a neutral.

As a Reading fan, our team is in no shape or form anywhere near a premier league standard team. Its hard to watch, when i think we are the only team in the top two tiers that play 4-4-2 with two average championship calibre Defensive Midfielders. We play very boring football, and very badly too.

We have been accidently exciting to watch from a neutrals stand point ( last nights result, the 4-3 Man Utd game and the 7-5 Arsenal game) but when you loose 6 games on the trot, and manage to get only 1 point from playing Wigan, Southampton, QPR, Aston Villa and Sunderland, it becomes very difficult to see where the next win will come from.

*Also you know your in trouble when QPR win their first game of the season in mid december yet are still above you in the table.*

Edited by Matticus

Well, I thought that, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been a boring match to watch. With all the goals and that. Especially as a neutral.

As a Reading fan, our team is in no shape or form anywhere near a premier league standard team. Its hard to watch, when i think we are the only team in the top two tiers that play 4-4-2 with two average championship calibre Defensive Midfielders. We play very boring football, and very badly too.

We have been accidently exciting to watch from a neutrals stand point ( last nights result, the 4-3 Man Utd game and the 7-5 Arsenal game) but when you loose 6 games on the trot, and manage to get only 1 point from playing Wigan, Southampton, QPR, Aston Villa and Sunderland, it becomes very difficult to see where the next win will come from.

*Also you know your in trouble when QPR win their first game of the season in mid december yet are still above you in the table.*

That explains it. I thought you were a Liverpool fan!

Yeah, they aren't good enough. They are a certainty to go down, it'll be Reading and 2 of Wigan/Villa/QPR/Southampton. Sunderland and Newcastle are "too good" to go down, IMO. But stranger things have happened.

At least you will keep the core of your team and will probably come back up stronger and better for the experience in the near future.

I think it will be ultimately Wigan and Southampton who join us in the championship. I see Villa surviving and Sunderland cutting it close.

The only saving grace is that we barely spent any money, so won't be in a bad state if we do get relegated. Southampton could have problems though.

Our next 5 games are really going to shape our season, IMO:

Chelsea (Away)

Spurs (Home)

Wigan (Home)

Swansea (Away)

Southampton (Home)

I don't expect us to get much out of Chelsea but we could get something out of Spurs at home and the other three games are certainly winnable. In fact, we have to take maximum points from Wigan and S'ton at home.