nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

What difference at all does it make that they take the 10 point penalty in a month or two rather than now? That's ridiculous.

They had better finish bottom of the table, it's just a joke how they get 'special dispensation' for anything. I don't want them to go bust but I do want them to struggle through the season getting their arse handed to them every week because they're a bunch of youth teamers and non-league nobodies.

• Admin

Injured, or 'injured'?

Cardiff City

1JQkc.png

01 Marshall

02 McNaughton

03 Taylor

05 Hudson

06 Turner

07 Whittingham

08 Cowie

17 Gunnarsson

18 Mutch

22 Helguson

39 Bellamy

Substitutes

32 Lewis

04 Kiss

11 Conway

23 Blake

09 Velikonja

10 Earnshaw

20 Mason

Huddersfield Town

oeVth.png

01 Smithies

03 Dixon

05 P Clarke

32 Hunt

33 Lynch

04 Norwood

08 Clayton

16 Arfield

24 Southern

07 Scannell

09 Novak

Substitutes

13 Bennett

02 Woods

06 Gerrard

22 Robinson

19 Lee

27 Higginbotham

30 Spencer

Referee: Roger East (Wiltshire)

Ooh, Lineker is upping his game!

Not the greatest first half from Cardiff. Norwood has come close twice for Huddersfield, but it's been corners that have caused the away side most trouble. Helguson hit the bar from one in the 45th minute, then Hudson headed over from another straight after.

Everything to Bellamy is being played long, and he hasn't really been in the game, apart from causing problems with his corner delivery.

I fully expect Cardiff to go on and win this, but Huddersfield are defending really well.

Minutes cheering at Elland Road, is Ken Bates dead?

We do it at the first home game of every season, it's for the Yorkshire Regiment I think. I missed most of the game because I had my head in the toilet but we seemed to play alright and a win's a win!

How come Elland Road seemed so empty today Matt? I figured they'd usually have really good attendances but there were swathes of empty seats. Someone actually tapped me on the should in the pub I was in and asked me why, despite the fact I wasn't watching and had my back to the TV. Is that a regular attendance? Admittedly I don't watch a great deal of Leeds, just assumed they'd always have a very full stadium for most matches - especially the first match of the season.

Good 1-1 draw for Carlisle away at Stevenage in the first game of the season. Who needs Zoko, eh? Matty Robson the scorer for Carlisle I think, which means he's done his good deed for the season and can go back to being a liability for the whole season. Although I doubt I'll go to any matches this season, £20 per match and I'm trying to save so not really viable.

:w00t:

I can enjoy football again! A comfortable 3-0 win, away from home no less, some great goals and a great performance to go with it. The weather was hot and sunny, and everyone was in a great mood. It's been a long time since all these things happened at the Rovers!

David Cotterill scoring from the halfway line was hilarious as well.

How come Elland Road seemed so empty today Matt? I figured they'd usually have really good attendances but there were swathes of empty seats. Someone actually tapped me on the should in the pub I was in and asked me why, despite the fact I wasn't watching and had my back to the TV. Is that a regular attendance? Admittedly I don't watch a great deal of Leeds, just assumed they'd always have a very full stadium for most matches - especially the first match of the season.

Several reasons: 1) It was on TV. 2) The top of the East Stand is only open to ST holders unless the match is likely to be a sellout. 3) The opening game is always relatively low. 4) And most importantly, a lot of people are refusing to give Bates any more money.

And despite all that, we still got the third highest attendance in the league yesterday. :P

It doesn't help that the East Stand faces the camera and that's the biggest stand which is usually fairly empty due to the fact that the top is ST only and the bottom half is members only and really expensive tickets. But yeah, there were 15,000 empty seats yesterday and most of them were in camera view :/

That's a cracking solo effort to be fair, but Becchio's goal on Saturday was a great example of perfect long ball football. 4 touches: Paddy Kenny to McCormack on the wing, McCormack controls the ball on the run with the outside of his foot, left footed cross and onto Becchio's diving header.

iTVCpoGV8HQsV.gif