nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP

The takeover at #lufc appears to be reaching its end-game. I understand that the deal with a group from the Middle East is all but done

So excited... but knowing our luck we'll end up with an Arab who has no money and looking stupid as we all eagerly anticipate becoming the next Man City. :shifty:

They don't have to be billionaires, just know how to bring success to the club... but with football now, success and billionaires are mutually exclusive.

When Bates finally goes, I hope Harvey gets shown the door too, useless prick.

Lorimer can go n all.

They look like villains out of Team America?

Racist....

Guessing that pictures from some horse race meeting? Seen as though virtually everyone else in the background has a suit and a tophat on.

I am happy for Leeds. Its horrible having owners who just don't really have the best interest of the club at heart, hopefully the team can move on and begin to rebuild.

Racist....

Guessing that pictures from some horse race meeting? Seen as though virtually everyone else in the background has a suit and a tophat on.

I am happy for Leeds. Its horrible having owners who just don't really have the best interest of the club at heart, hopefully the team can move on and begin to rebuild.

Yeah, if it is the super-rich Arabs, they own tonnes of race horses and host some big horse racing event. It's probably not going to be them though, we're not going to be that lucky.

Racist....

Yeah, if it is the super-rich Arabs, they own tonnes of race horses and host some big horse racing event. It's probably not going to be them though, we're not going to be that lucky.

They the guys from GoDolphin who host the Dubai World Cup, a race nobody gives a fuck about, yet the winner gets $20 million?

Racist....

They the guys from GoDolphin who host the Dubai World Cup, a race nobody gives a fuck about, yet the winner gets $20 million?

Probably, sounds about right.

• Admin
The Pozzo's will take their first decision this week as owners, replacing Sean Dyche with Gianfranco Zola.

Zola is expected to be named Watford manager on a four-year contract, this Tuesday.

Football Italia are among those reporting that the former Italy international will replace Dyche as first-team manager in the first act of the Pozzo's regime.

Ex-West Ham boss Zola has been linked with the Hornet's post since the Pozzo's interest in the club was re-kindled at the end of July.

Zola was in charge at the Boleyn Ground between 2008 and 2010 before being sacked by David's Gold and Sullivan and replaced by Avram Grant.

BBC Three Counties commentator Jon Marks has also tweeted to confirm that Scott Duxbury is the club's new Chief Executive whilst Gianluca Nani is the club's new Director of Football.

From VitalWatford. Really hope this isn't true, Sean Dyche did an amazing job this past season.

• Admin

And confirmed.

Sean Dyche has been sacked as Watford manager, paving the way for Gianfranco Zola to be appointed as his successor, BBC Sport has learned.

It is understood Dyche was given the news at Vicarage Road on Monday.

The 41-year-old had been in charge since June 2011 and last season led them to 11th place in the Championship, their highest finish for four years.

Watford's new owners, the Pozzo family, say they already have a verbal agreement with Zola to become manager.

The former Italy international was previously West Ham boss for two years but he parted company with them in May 2010.

Although Zola is a popular figure in English football, there will be some sympathy for Dyche, who was promoted from assistant manager when Malky Mackay left the club last summer to join Cardiff.

A former centre-back, he began his career with Chesterfield and played in an FA Cup semi-final for them before moving on to Bristol City, Millwall, Watford and Northampton.

His playing career came to an end in 2007 but was soon back in football when he returned to Watford as a member of the coaching staff.

Striker Marvin Sordell, who was sold to Bolton by Watford for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day in January, said on Twitter that the club had lost "a very talented manager".

His tweet continued: "Played a massive part in my career to date and without him I doubt I'd be in the position I am now. He'll definitely go on to find a job and will do very well in the future I'm sure."

Gutted for Dyche as he's been a fantastic servant but it's imperative to get behind Zola and the team now.

• Admin
Birmingham City are free to buy and sell players again after the Football League lifted the transfer embargo placed on the club in March.

Delays in publishing accounts for 2010-11 due to the arrest of club owner Carson Yeung triggered the ban.

"We are pleased the hard work of the club and Football League has paid off," acting chairman Peter Pannu said.

Despite further delays in producing the accounts, the League has been satisfied by the club's financial management.

"[We're also pleased] that the financial prudence put in place since Carson Yeung's arrest has been recognised," Pannu added.

"Despite the lifting of the embargo, we still need to ensure that this financial prudence remains in place going forward."

A statement from the holding company Birmingham International Holdings in May of this year maintained the accounts would be made ready on 31 August.

City last month appointed Lee Clark as the club's new manager, following the departure of Chris Hughton to Premier League side Norwich City.