Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/12/2016 at 13:16, Gazz said:

Baby Groot is either about a billion dollar in merchandising cash sat in a big pile or the next meme your aunt posts constantly on Facebook.

It's going to be tough getting across passive aggressive remarks, and comments about how being a bitch makes you amazing with just "I Am Groot" tho.

EDIT: Well shit, that was fast. Sony blocked the trailer for Spider-Man Homecoming.

Here's the international one, with spanish subtitles. Hoping it doesn't get pulled down, at least as quickly.

OK, found the one from Kimmel's youtube page, so this won't get pulled down.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Latino Heat said:

EDIT: Well shit, that was fast. Sony blocked the trailer for Spider-Man Homecoming.

Here's the international one, with spanish subtitles. Hoping it doesn't get pulled down, at least as quickly.

OK, found the one from Kimmel's youtube page, so this won't get pulled down.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Like 1

I think I've already watched that trailer like half a dozen times. It looks so good. It looks like the Spider-Man movie I've always wanted. 

So this might be old news but when flipping through Netflix I saw that the Punisher is on there. No episodes but the box to click the show is there.

I'm so excited, The Punisher is my favorite comic book character. And with the great reviews for Daredevil and such it should be a good one.

• Like 1

Bernthal fully sold me on his Punisher persona, he made a character come to live in more ways than just 'he kills bad people'. His penny and dime speech was spine chilling too, and really turned him into arguably the best character that the MCU has got going on. I'm personally very interested in how they'll further build on him with his own series.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Noah said:

I've yet to see Suicide Squad but 'Worst Movie of the Year.' according to Rolling Stone seems ridiculously harsh.

Yeah, that's exceptionally harsh. There's a whole heap of absolute dross that came out this year. Suicide Squad was okay, if disapppoiting and a bit of a missed trick. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DFF said:

Yeah, that's exceptionally harsh. There's a whole heap of absolute dross that came out this year. Suicide Squad was okay, if disapppoiting and a bit of a missed trick. 

Yeah I mean the same people that were saying BvsS was worth a 20 out of 10 were always going to like it and the people that were determined it would be terrible based off of the preceding movie in the franchise were always going to hate it but most of the reasonable criticism of SS seems to be more about it being a missed opportunity rather than being terrible. Essentially yeah it doesn't strike me as worst movie fodder.

Yeah, worst movie is a bit ott to me too. I really didn't like the film, but there are so much more worse films out there this year. Personally i'd rather mark it down as 'Biggest letdown of the year'. With the amount of hype it got, and the stellar cast they assembled, they really produced a turd of a film all in all. It had all the potential, and showed little to nothing of that potential, and was just yet another shoddy attempt at imitating Marvel's (and Deadpool's) success formula, without any of the charm.

• Like 3