Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

They've also carved out a perfectly acceptable niche with the three DC series they got running in Arrow, Flash, Supergirl. All with their respective cult followings that keep the shows afloat.

But film wise, they're just in a perpetual bed-shitting mode by writing dodgy scripts that neither appeases fan or casual, and directors that care so little about the genre and the product they're establishing, the films never are set apart. The only thing DC can be decently pleased about is that they've gotten a few pretty good actors/actresses for their roles, but at the same time they're apparently doing their best to piss them off in such a way that they're not hanging around after one or two films. And on top of that, the actors are good but the characters are written like utter trash.

Or you know, they get Jared Leto and they just give a bad actor an even worse role, to really show everyone they mean business about not trying.

DCWB's entire attempt is ran and ruined by corporate who simply look at Marvel's billion-dollar film universe and demand something comparable, without having either the knowledge or true will-power to make it happen. They expected their first films to immediately be classics on par with stuff like Avengers Assemble, whilst forgotting the fact that it took Marvel four/five feature films BEFORE they even arrived at that part. And Marvel did it sensibly by making the product be designed and created by people that know what the product needs to be doing, and what consumers expect from the product.

Marvel made a chair that's just right, maybe a bit too flashy at times, but it's really comfortable and has good arch support. Someone who wants a chair will enjoy it, someone who is a chair connoisseur can appreciate the detail that went into the design, everybody's happy.
DCWB made a chair that shoots fire and laser beams, has two backrests on the side rather than at the back. Has some band-stickers slapped onto it. But they never actually put a floor on the chair, so you can't sit on it. They also hired plumbers to design it, and a shoe salesman to put it together. It looks kinda nice and unique, but nobody has any use for the damn thing...

Weird analogy, but I think it works.

This is now amongst my favourite EWB posts. Wonderful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

Does anyone know why they don't release Marvel movies in 4K? I was really excited to get Doctor Strange and it doesn't look like they put them out in 4k :( 

So they can release overpriced - *cough* - I mean, special edition 4K upscaled variation box sets in 5-10 years?

Patrick Stewart Is Retiring From X-Men

“A week ago, Friday night in Berlin, the three of us sat, watching the movie... And I was so moved by it, much more moved than I had been the first time of seeing it. Maybe it was the company of these two guys, but the movie ended and — this is an admission — but at one point [Jackman] reached out, and he took my hand in those last few minutes, and I saw him go [

mimes wiping a tear from his eye] like this, and then I realized I had just done the same thing. Then, the movie ended… and we were going to be taken up on stage, but not until the credits were over. So, we had some time to sit there and, as I sat there I realized there will never be a better, a more perfect, a more sensitive, emotional, and beautiful way of saying au revoir to Charles Xavier than this movie. So, I told [Jackman] that same evening, ‘I’m done too. It’s all over.’”

• Like 5

The Chain by Fleetwood Mac... FUCKING TAKE MY MONEY, MARVEL!

That trailer is just amazing though, I'm more than hype than ever for vol. 2, and I think it'll be better than the first because they've done the introductions, all the characters are established, and it's not going to be stuck paying lip service to the other Marvel films because they're on the other side of the galaxy.

Also, Baby Groot and Drax are so freaking great.

Best part of the trailer...

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 3

Legion is still kick arse after three episodes. Any news on if it's getting a second season? (I believe there's only eight episodes to this one).

• Like 6

In spite of some early "WOOOO WE'RE R-RATED, DID YOU NOTICE HOW R-RATED WE ARE" moments very early, it was real good. 2017 has started out real fucking hot with Get Out, John Wick 2, and Logan, the early-year genre film portion of the year is really delivering the goods.

• Like 1