Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was alright! I actually liked the first one more. Great getting a first look at Keaton, and the most interesting thing about this movie to me is really more where Spidey fits into the superhero landscape as a whole so that brief cheesy Captain America video was a real treat.

Man, Spiderman doing a Jesus Christ pose while trying to pull/hold some mode of transport is a pretty specific sort of trope to show up what, 3 times now? :shifty:

• Like 1

Adi Shankar's on the shortlist to direct the Venom film. Probably best known for Punisher: Dirty Laundry, Venom: Truth In Journalism, and Power/Rangers. 

11 hours ago, Avenged said:

Finally watched Batman vs Superman after putting it off for ages. Don't know what the fuss was about, I quite liked it.

For me, it wasn't as awful as people made it out to be, but it also wasn't good. I enjoyed it enough, but it wasn't as good as it could have been, it wasn't as good as its contemporaries, and they made a lot of very bad decisions creatively. The editing wasn't fantastic either.

18 hours ago, Kaney said:

Man, Spiderman doing a Jesus Christ pose while trying to pull/hold some mode of transport is a pretty specific sort of trope to show up what, 3 times now? :shifty:

It's only been the second time, right? The one with Doc Ock and the train? I can't remember another scene where this happened. If they do Doc Ock again, I somehow hope they get Alfred  Molina to reprise his role, he was probably the best part of that Spider-Man trilogy. 

8 hours ago, Gabriel said:

For me, it wasn't as awful as people made it out to be, but it also wasn't good. I enjoyed it enough, but it wasn't as good as it could have been, it wasn't as good as its contemporaries, and they made a lot of very bad decisions creatively. The editing wasn't fantastic either.

Worst comic book movie ever. The pee nonsense, oh my god the fucking pee nonsense. 

22 hours ago, Avenged said:

Finally watched Batman vs Superman after putting it off for ages. Don't know what the fuss was about, I quite liked it.

To me the problem was that they build the fight with a especific reason for the two to hate each other, then It was turned into Luthor blackmailing Superman into the fight....

Editing was awful, you could have cut several scenes from the first version and add some fron the extended cut and the movie will have made more sense....

I only watched it shortly after Christmas with the lowest of low expectations, and it was awful. Barring "yeah I could see Affleck as a decent Batman" I couldn't find a single thing to redeem it. People knocked DKR for plot holes, this went beyond plot holes to barely having a plot.

and according to IMDB Justice League's running time is fucking 170 minutes.  Great to see they learned some lessons from BVS.

Potential Guardians of The Galaxy 2 spoilers / rumor, about Sylvester Stallone's role:

Spoiler

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-wild-new-rumor-about-the-identity-of-sylvester-stallo-1794052857

An Italian site claims that Sylvester Stallone's character is Starhawk. 

A member of the 31st century incarnation of the Guardians team, Starhawk was an invulnerable being doomed to constantly live out his life in a cycle of rebirth, going back into his infant body—but retaining his memories, allowing him to retweak fate over and over to get the best possible outcome.

James Gunn has said that Stallone’s character is one very important roots to the Marvel cosmic, but suffice to say, for now treat this with some heavy skepticism.