Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can get the real Teen Titans back next?<_<

12 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Excellent news. I also like how honest he seems (if you follow him on FB you'll know what I mean) - he didn't want to commit to it willy nilly. Had to make sure it's what he really wanted to do.

Watched the penultimate Legends of Tomorrow. It's hilarious that Flashpoint isn't even the most interesting alternate universe episode in the Arrowverse shows this season, let alone what Agents of SHIELD is doing right now.

Spoiler

I'm assuming that the season finale won't actually give me Midwestern Nyssa al Ghul but dammit I want it.

• Like 1

Arrow finale spoilers regarding GoGo's post.

Spoiler

Nyssa's actress is around filming the season finale for Arrow where it's assumed she fights Talia so she's around. She may have had time to do something for Legends.

Legion was very good. Got a little pretentious with what it did in a few parts, but said parts never overstayed their welcome. Seemed a bit like a show that might suffer from sophomore slump though once the shine is off the apple, so hopefully they have plans in place for next season.

If Noah Hawley has a multi-season plan in place I'm optimistic given what he did with the second season of Fargo.

Spoiler

Pairing up the Shadow King with Jemaine Clement's character is mostly what I'm excited for, particularly since they swerved me into thinking they were going to kill the latter off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

Still don't see what's the big fuss about Legion. Perhaps I shouldn't have binged it.

I watched two episodes a day and that seemed a good pace. If you don't like it, I entirely understand, it did not seem like a show for everyone.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 apparently have FIVE post-credits clips.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I watched two episodes a day and that seemed a good pace. If you don't like it, I entirely understand, it did not seem like a show for everyone.

I kind of watched the first 6 episodes over a three day weekend or so, but I kept on falling asleep through each episode. I think it was only around episode 5 and then the penultimate episode that I fucking loved. Everything else seemed to kind of go on in a loop, to me. I still can't get over the whole silent movie part, though, I loved that.

Team lineup for the New Warriors show is Squirrel Girl, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Mr. Immortal, Microbe, and Debrii. So they're definitely going all-out comedy with this one.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DFF said:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 apparently have FIVE post-credits clips.

At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked in Infinity War just starts with the end credits then shows the whole movie.

Actually that sounds like something a Deadpool sequel would do

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was fantastic. My initial impression right now is that it's not as good as the first, but still a ton of fun. Going to see it again tomorrow, as I only watched one and a half of the post-credit scenes.

Marvel invited a select group of reporters to preview their upcoming films, including the all black superhero romp Black Panther. A journalist for Variety noted that “We see Gurira’s Okoye and Kasumba’s Ayo swaying rhythmically back in formation with the rest of their team. Okoye eyes Ayo flirtatiously for a long time as the camera pans in on them. Eventually, she says, appreciatively and appraisingly, “You look good.” Ayo responds in kind. Okoye grins and replies, “I know.”

This makes sense because in the comic books, Ayo and Aneka fall in love with one another before leading a feminist uprising. However, shortly after Variety published this observation, Marvel reached out and stated “The nature of the relationship between Danai Gurira’s Okoye and Florence Kasumba’s Ayo in Black Panther is not a romantic one.”

Let’s clarify: Marvel took two canon queer female characters and removed their romance from the film, thus rendering them effectively straight. What the actual fuck. I guess Marvel is dedicated to the sanctity of original comics, except when it comes to a lesbian character. Then her gayness is eliminated. It’s rare that a comic book character is gay, much less a lesbian, and it’s vastly disappointing that Marvel would GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to remove lesbian representation from a major Hollywood film. This is rewriting a female character’s assigned sexuality with zero explanation or purpose. It’s lesbophobia and homophobia. Pure and simple. Think about it: how many times have you heard a straight character can’t be LGBTQ for a movie or TV show because “it’s not true to the original story” or “that’s just not who they are.” Yet Marvel has no problem with making a lesbian character straight. This is an act of discrimination.

I don't understand this at all. Why change them?