Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

So here's an idea I've had for next season's mass-crossover of Arrow,Flash,Supergirl and Legends. I'll put it in spoilers in case I type up anything spoilerish for the current seasons.

Spoiler

The Justice Society vs The Crime Syndicate.

Black Siren in an attempt to escape from Team Arrow and back to her earth steals some Star-Labs tech and opens a breach. She's not familiar with the tech so she opens it to the wrong earth. Before she can go through Team Arrow show up and fight her. Midway through she's suddenly zipped away by a Speedster and the portal closes. It's revealed that the one that saved her is an alternate Universe Harrison Wells known as Johnny Quick.He tells her about some friends and  they decide to open another breach. Somehow, someway Team Arrow, Team Flash and The Legends get together over the situation. They try to stop the breach opening but fail and two more come through. Black Arrow(Alt Universe Tommy Merlyn) and Power Girl(Alternate Kara). The breach is shut after but the ensuing fight is won by the  villains. The heroes decide they need Supergirl so they send someone for her. They decided to send Oliver so Barry can stay because his powers are more valuable to them currently. Oliver goes over and helps Kara finish some plot on her show and while that's going on the others see the Crime Syndicate announce their plan on TV. They demand everyone surrender because they're going to open a large breach and bring over a ship full of their cohorts to help takeover the world. Oliver and Supergirl return and a plan is made. The Legends minus Sara are going to use their ship to prevent the other one full of villains from coming through. Down on the ground Oliver, Barry,Kara and Sara fight their counterparts. They win of course and drive the ship back.Black Siren escapes but the other three end up shackled up and put in an ARGUS prison.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/8/2017 at 02:21, Jimmy said:

In regards to GotG 2. 

Couldn't shake the feeling it was trying too hard, but that doesn't stop all good stuff seeping through too. I appreciated what they were trying to do with the emotional arcs, and for every emotional beat that feels like it doesn't land, there's something else that really works. Not as funny, slick or inventive as the first, but a welcome chapter in their story - it feels like an in-between chapter, a necessary step before telling something that fires on all cylinders. They've developed a strong ensemble - the sense and theme of family shines through the missteps.

Glad I read this. I felt like some kind of joyless monster because I wasn't blown away by it like everyone else I talked to. I mean it was really fun in parts. Like I really enjoyed certain scenes but it totally felt like it was trying too hard. There was one emotional part that hit me pretty hard and there were a bunch of funny parts with a lot of the best coming from Yondu which was way surprising but a lot of it didn't work for me. I thought they killed any of the humor in Drax. His stupid laughing made me want to scream and run out of the theater.

My date and I both loved Baby Groot though. He was a cutie :P 

• Like 1

Pftt, Drax's laugh is awesome. :lol:

• Like 3

I watched it twice, it was still funny the second time. Pretty sure it would have been a lot funnier if it wasn't shown in the trailer.

The banter was part of the charm, I thought, so even if some of the jokes didn't land, there were a whole ton more of them to make up for it, so ratio-wise, it's probably almost on the level of the first one.

I haven't yet seen the film yet, and other than the teaser trailers i've actively avoided watching or reading up on the plot. I'm planning on going to the film soon, and I feel that my enjoyment will be infinitely better knowing that I know practically nothing of the film, other than what I know from those small teaser trailers and GOTG1.

As someone has said somewhere, Trailers are nice if you're still on the fence about a film, because it can help you make up your mind, but the more you watch them the more it kinda spoils parts of the film you're gonna watch, especially since they tend to include some of the more memorable moments causing you to get spoiled, even just a little. Example being the Spidey reveal in the Civil War trailer, sure everyone was 99% sure that he was gonna show up anyways, but it kinda took away from the magic of the moment because you knew what was going to happen. Same goes for the scene where Steve and Bucky beat the everloving shit out of Tony, and many more moments that I knew and lacked its impact as a result.

So I've started to try and avoid trailers wherever I can for films that I'm looking to watch in the cinema. I did it with Rogue One, and it heightened my amasement, I also did it in March with Logan and it also made the film much more enjoyable as a result.

So TL;DR, If you're gonna watch something anyways, avoid the trailers at all cost, because it doesn't matter how small it is, it'll tend to lessen your experience when you do go. Even if you're on the fence, you're probably better off avoiding it anyways and checking stuff like Audience Score on RT, something that gauges moviegoer enjoyment.

"Justin Trudeau: Tony Stark's boxing buddy"is the weirdest thing I've seen crop up randomly in a comic.

Damn, that might have been the best Supergirl episode to date. Everything was fucking killer, especially (just in case someone didn't see the abundant press releases announcing it)

Spoiler

Cat Grant! Fuck how I've missed Calista Flockheart :wub:

So much bad ass-ery in this episode, you could tell it was going to be good from the moment they showed Alex doing awesome slow mo shooting shit while jumping off a skyscraper because she knew her sister was going to get there in time to catch her!

"Please be faster than me" almost made me tear. Alex / Kara is like the best relationship in any of the Arrowverse.

All-Supes battle next week for the finale! Gonna' be bonkers.

After a season 2 that was super strong but going a little unfocused heading into this week's episode, if this was finale it would have been perfect. Hoping next week's episode can match this one!

2 hours ago, Tkasto said:

Also note, the producers have said it won't be a part of the CW's Arrowverse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tkasto said:

That looks so good. I'd love if it were in the off season while Arrow and Flash are away. I miss my superhero shows when that time comes around.

Well they said that about Supergirl because it was giong to be on a different network, so it made sense it was separate.  Then they needed a ratings boost so they made it part of the universe

Full reviews for Wonder Woman are still embargoed, but DC's letting those who saw it give non-spoiler reactions to the film.

• Like 2