Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

The fact that Black Lightning is like "fuck it, he is/was a superhero, you've seen every single origin story, you don't need to get another one right off the bat" is honestly one of my favorite things about it.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

They've both got their strengths and weaknesses. Wouldn't want any of them to give up their strengths to embrace another type of show (except Arrow which is terrible).

Basically as long as they're not like the Gifted or Gotham (from where I left off at least), they should be fine.

I'm not about to tell anyone to stick it out through the mess of S1 of Gotham, but it actually wound up pretty fun. It's the sort of show I can just turn my overactive brain off and enjoy.

52 minutes ago, GoGOceanea said:

The fact that Black Lightning is like "fuck it, he is/was a superhero, you've seen every single origin story, you don't need to get another one right off the bat" is honestly one of my favorite things about it.

I've not watched it, but I agree. Why waste time in a pilot showing what your show isn't going to be about every week? Plus it gives the origin a level of mystery that you can follow up on down the line and intertwine better with the rest of the story.

Well that was...a thing.  Ya, no faith this will be good

I can't get any kind of hyped by a Venom trailer that doesn't show Venom.

1 minute ago, =BK= said:

I can't get any kind of hyped by a Venom trailer that doesn't show Venom.

Yeah, me too. Then again, maybe it'll make the first time we see it in the cinema even more epic? One thing about trailers these days is that they show too much. It's why Deadpool was such a letdown for me, the trailer showed the best parts of the film.

1 hour ago, Hollywoky Ben said:

Yeah, me too. Then again, maybe it'll make the first time we see it in the cinema even more epic? One thing about trailers these days is that they show too much. It's why Deadpool was such a letdown for me, the trailer showed the best parts of the film.

Thing is it doesn't even have to show Venom.  Show the symbiote slowly covering Brocks arm, or have him say "We are Venom".  

I'm just not confident Sony will do this movie good at all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Thing is it doesn't even have to show Venom.  Show the symbiote slowly covering Brocks arm, or have him say "We are Venom".  

I'm just not confident Sony will do this movie good at all

It was climbing his neck at the end.

6 hours ago, Hollywoky Ben said:

Yeah, maybe, but this is like if the Deadpool trailer never even showed Deadpool, and just had shots of Wade Wilson and the supporting cast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I'd have preferred him to do it in his Peaky Blinders voice just to really fuck off the people who found Bane unintelligible. 

His accent was perfectly normal in Peaky Blinders 

I mean...it's a teaser for a movie that doesn't come out for another 8 months and is still filming so I'm not really sure what people expected. You could argue that Sony could have waited longer to release a first trailer but with a big Marvel movie coming out this week it makes sense to let people know it's a thing later this year.