Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/7/2017 at 00:57, Santa with Benjles said:

Losing Snart was the beginning of the end for me. I stopped watching early in the latest season.

honestly, I thought season 1 was by far the worst one outside of the '50s two-parter. The show would be better with Wentworth Miller still on it on the regular but seasons 2 and 3 have been major steps up from the gaping black hole that was the Vandal Savage/Hawkman and Hawkgirl stuff as the central driving plot.

11 hours ago, Santa with Benjles said:

Okay, getting around to watching Crisis. Part way through the second ep, some points so far:

Hide contents
  2. What the fuck is Curtis' costume? :lol:

Spoiler

The second most comic accurate costume this universe has produced.

IMG_20171211_032128_299.JPG

It's not painted though. It's raised off the skin. Like a mask that adheres to his face. Kinda like The Question's blank face mask.

Question-Ditko-Charlton-Comics-h4.jpg

The bigger issue with Curtis is him braiding his hair every time they suit up.

I had a huge problem when Oliver got this rag tag group of backyard superheroes together in the first place. We've talked about Mister Terrific and his horrible mask/paint, Mad Dog literally wears a hockey mask, Ragman.... well, his name is RAGMAN and he looks dumb as fuck, and Dinah Drake just doesn't look as good as Laurel did as the Black Canary.

I think Wild Dog's first costume made sense in the show. He's a bottom of the barrel vigilante with no money or support. He's a step above an angry neighborhood dad with a baseball bat. He's going to make due with what he has.

8 hours ago, tristy said:

I had a huge problem when Oliver got this rag tag group of backyard superheroes together in the first place. We've talked about Mister Terrific and his horrible mask/paint, Mad Dog literally wears a hockey mask, Ragman.... well, his name is RAGMAN and he looks dumb as fuck, and Dinah Drake just doesn't look as good as Laurel did as the Black Canary.

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THAT WAY ABOUT THE TATTERED TATTERDEMALION

Every time I try to sit through a bunch of episodes of Arrow to get back in the swing of things, I can't get over how bad and overplayed many fighting scenes are. It's like they try to be a AAA blockbuster, but without the time/effort to actually choreograph things to make things look smooth but also somewhat realistic and not just obviously going through the specific motions. It's too clean looking, a bit like the issue the Star Wars prequels had that most of their movements make zero sense or have no momentum behind them. So there's a huge disconnect for me.

It's especially egregious because fights have the same formula.
1: Arrow/Speedy/etc. shoot a bunch of arrows
2: Bad guy blocks or otherwise avoids getting hit by the arrows
3: Distances are closed, and Arrow starts using his extremely fragile compound bow as a bludgeon.
4: After some hussle tussle he either beats the bad guys, or the bad guy manages to use some sort of trickery to get away.
4.1: In rare cases, Arrow gets straight up beat by the bad guy, often the biggest bad, or one of his main cronies.
4.2: The other Arrow team members of course get beat and or hurt more often, because they're not Oliver.

I can fully put myself past the cringetastic attempts at drama, i'm at S4E9 and i've still not found it as bad as people said it would be.

The fighting though, the direction just keeps overplaying their hand and trying things that they don't have the money/experience/talent to pull off, in terms of action cinematography.

The Flash has its own formula for every episode, but they don't expose themselves as much because they don't need to have fancy choreographed fisticuffs because the hero has super speed.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Curtis must have a device he invented that braids his hair super-fast. And other than the hair issue, I don't have any problems with his costume. 

Wild Dog's new costume, however, sucks. His first costume was just as comic accurate as Mister Terrific's. But the new one is just plain bad.

I like Dinah, but not how she looks as Black Canary. 

On 12/10/2017 at 13:58, Tkasto said:

I can't believe how much I disliked Heatwave when they first introduced him. But, right now he is one of my favourites in the entire Arrowverse.

i just got to the bathrobe scene in Crisis on Earth-X part 1. He's a delight.

• Like 1