Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

19 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Is Gotham worth watching?

The first season is probably some of the worst TV I have seen. I honestly don't know why I stuck with it. Season two onwards is solid and has actually gotten really good (not amazing, but it's good popcorn telly), but though season one has flashes of brilliance, I'm not sure it's bearable enough to stick with.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good casting, especially from a "actually playing the character" standpoint, but I will admit that when there were rumors that Cena was gonna get that part I really started hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

So Justice League was incredibly freaking average, but it's miles ahead the piles of shit that Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad was, so they'll christen is as the best DCEU film ever and forget Wonder Woman ever existed since it has a woman in the lead role. There were slightly okay bits, there a ton of terrible bits, and there were some absolutely magnificent bits whenever Gal Gadot was on screen, she fits into the role of god / superhero more than anyone that's ever down the comic book hero moniker, even Chris Evans or Hemsworth, IMO. She's got such a goddamn immense presence.

The entire Amazon race is done so well, that it was easily the most enjoyable scenes in the film. However, I surprisingly enjoyed the Cyborg character, probably right now the third best out of all the Justice League (behind Wonder Woman and the Flash, of course). Ezra Miller is really funny, by the way, but his role outside the costume doesn't feel as genuine as it does inside. He's much more funnier as the Flash than he is sincere and sympathetic as Barry Allen. Aquaman was tosh, he doesn't really do much character-wise, and the Atlantis scene is probably the worst action scene in a super hero movie I've ever seen this side of 2010. Don't want to reveal any other spoilers or who might appear or whatever, so I'll stop there.

I'll say one thing that I'm definitely certain of now, though: Ben Affleck absolutely sucks as Bruce Wayne.

The plot is absolutely hilarious, like a mesh of Lord of the Rings and the Avengers. They even have their own versions of Infinity Stones :lol:

Oh, and if there's any post-credit scenes:

Spoiler

There is! Two of them! Both quite enjoyable, actually, should have put those in the film :P