Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Batman and Harley Quinn was pretty amazing. If you liked the old JLU show then you'll like this. It's like an extended Batman focused episode with some cursing thrown in. They even use the guitar Batman theme that JLU and Batman Beyond used.

Side thought about it. I loved Melissa Rauch as Harley but there's a part where Harley has to sing and she doesn't sound too good. It makes me think that the movie was at least partly written with the idea that Tara Strong would be Harley because Tara can sing. Especially because it was a rock song like Tara likes instead of Jazz or something that fits with the rest of the music in the movie and stuff that Harley has sung before. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Aquaman is everything I wanted Roman Reigns to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DC Films: Now Featuring Smiles

7 hours ago, =BK= said:

Aquaman is everything I wanted Roman Reigns to be.

You wanted Roman Reigns to kill things with a trident and breath underwater?

• Like 1

Has anyone watched Justice League Action? I've been wanting a comic book animated series back for a long time now, and there's only so many times I can watch the old JLA and Avengers series. I probably don't have time for it, but I would love to watch it somehow, especially if its good.

Apparently it gets better after the middle of season 1 when I dropped it, but it was trash for me. Tons of better comic book TV shows.

Legends of Tomorrow is just so much fun, you guys. The Flash is such a crap fest in comparison to Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, it's like night and day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hard BD said:

Apparently it gets better after the middle of season 1 when I dropped it, but it was trash for me. Tons of better comic book TV shows.

Legends of Tomorrow is just so much, you guys. The Flash is such a crap fest in comparison to Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, it's like night and day.

Maybe for a few episodes, but the finale stuff was a dumpster fire. They had 22 episodes to build to a sensical and satisfying ending, and they thoroughly failed at it in an infuriating way. Characters make nonsensical decisions that make no sense in the continuity they had built, and generally it's just the writers scrambling to use the final 2 episodes to wrap everything up neatly and built towards a second season.

After that season finale, I was done with Gotham regardless of what came after.

32 minutes ago, Hard BD said:

Legends of Tomorrow is just so much, you guys. The Flash is such a crap fest in comparison to Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, it's like night and day.

For sure. Been looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow way more than The Flash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Is Gotham worth watching?

It's fundamentally a bit silly (we'll do Batman, but Batman is a child so there won't be anyone recognisable. Oh fuck it, just throw all the villains in anyway), but I think it benefits from some fantastic actors and strong characters. Gordon and Bullock are brilliant, and Penguin is one of my favourite Batman villain performances of any version. There's a notable shift after the first few episodes where they realise that things aren't working, then for 2 they move to the Agents of Shield style '2 stories per season' which keeps things moving. I'm up to season 3 now and still enjoying it. 

Flash was amazing last night. Never been a fan of Legends. Arrow is tomorrow a d I'm hyped.