Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

9 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Logan was amazing and Deadpool was so much fun,

Tl;dr - 'Fox' can only make a good film when the only input they have is the bag of money to make the film happen.

Let's not be mistaken here, Deadpool only happened because of the 'leaked' content, and Reynolds & co. being handed the keys to the castle by FOX to make what they had to make, and also be allowed an R-Rated film rather than be forced to appease to FOX's PG-13 mentality.

With Deadpool success, it allowed Mangold/Jackman to push for that same creative control and R-Rating for the filming of Logan. And the rest is history.

As a whole, FOX bungles their franchises because they're meddling too much in the product and are too busy pushing certain visions rather than letting the actors, directors, and producers in doing their work.

Spiderman was a success because of the deal they struck with Marvel, and creatively letting go of the franchise and letting the professionals do their work rather than micro-manage everything. And it has come out as a great film, hopefully Sony opens their eyes at seeing how it should go, and doesn't revert back into their former state of trying to meddle again.

Edited by Jasonmufc

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Exploding wind-up penguins"...Wait, is Batman Returns cannon in the DCEU now?

Why do all the DC movie trailers remind me of Hardee's/Carl's Jr ads?

Wait, who's the villain here? The design says Ares but the Parademons point to Darkseid.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess i'll hold the unpopular opinion of 'I think it's p. alright'.

I do hope they fuck off with the permanent eye-thing and make it something he turns off/on whenever he needs to look like Sauron. I don't like it in the comics, i'll probably don't like it in a film either.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE the new VA for Harley. I liked it in the trailer but wasn't 100% with it until I saw this bit today. It's different than Arleen and Tara but it fits. I hope they can get her for more stuff after this.

Also, I hate that I haven't watched this thing yet. WWE doing a PPV nearly every week has fucked with my Movie Sunday.