Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

The Teaser's Description text is even better.

"After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover. "

Edited by Jasonmufc

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"BEST!  WEDDING!  EVER!"  God I love Mick

I need to catch up. I have like 4 episodes of Flash and Arrow to watch now.

Also, I don't know what it is...but for some reason, Melissa Benoist seems much hotter as Overgirl..

goodbye-supergirl-hello-overgirl.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tkasto said:

This looks great:

Oh my god that is spectacular! DCTV are definitely coming in to show DCEU how you do a superhero team-up, aren't they? Shit, I can't believe I have to wait a week for that! 

Anybody else notice they didn't seem to show Earth-X Flash? And there was actually very little Flash in that entire thing, barring the wedding at the beginning. 

Also, spotted Sara and Alex doing shots together at the wedding shower, so I'm probably going to be shipping Lanvers for this entire event. Not sure if I'm okay with that scene of Nate carrying Kara, though :P 

10 hours ago, Lint said:

Also, I don't know what it is...but for some reason, Melissa Benoist seems much hotter as Overgirl..

She plays evil incredibly well. The Red Kryptonite episode was probably my favorite episode of season 1.

Here's my thoughts on The Justice League as someone who literally has not bought one comic book in my life.

Why should I give a shit about any of these people outside Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman? What worked about The Avengers and the MCU is that we spent 4 years getting to know these people. So we didn't need to cram in exposition and the part where the heroes are at first reluctant to join the team and then eventually join because it's the right thing to do. It was just so much time wasted. I'm only about 60 percent kidding when I say that I was surprised they didn't cram in another scene where the Waynes are murdered in front of Bruce.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

Here's my thoughts on The Justice League as someone who literally has not bought one comic book in my life.

Why should I give a shit about any of these people outside Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman? What worked about The Avengers and the MCU is that we spent 4 years getting to know these people. So we didn't need to cram in exposition and the part where the heroes are at first reluctant to join the team and then eventually join because it's the right thing to do. It was just so much time wasted. I'm only about 60 percent kidding when I say that I was surprised they didn't cram in another scene where the Waynes are murdered in front of Bruce.

Oh dude, spoilers. Next you'll be telling me who is under Batman's mask :/

Yikes, not only did Justice League fail to crack $100 million on opening weekend, it's the lowest opening for any of the DC universe films. 

I found it to be better than I expected, but still pretty average.

Honestly, I came out of the movie liking Cyborg more than anyone else. The movie was, I thought, really mediocre, which is bad in and of itself but is at least a step ahead of BvS. Some of the Joss Whedon scenes stick out like a sore thumb and his patter feels really wrong coming out of Batman's mouth, and it felt like there were these constant moments where some character would say shit like "booyah" or "all riiiiiiiiiiight" and it would start feeling more like a big-budget energy drink commercial more than a superhero movie. But there was also some stuff I liked!

Spoiler

While I thought they completely overdid The Flash-as-comic relief, all of his interactions with Superman were great. I loved their fight, loved Flash saving the car with that family in it only to look over and see that Superman saved an entire fucking building, and liked that one of the post-credits scenes was a nod to the classic race between them. It's the most I've ever enjoyed Henry Cavill's Superman by a mile.

and while I feel like this movie actually managed to lower the stock of Batfleck (something about his Bruce Wayne just feels wrong, like they're trying to convince you that he's damaged and has lost part of his humanity but Affleck does absolutely nothing to sell it), I'm excited to get one more movie of Jeremy Irons' Alfred.

fucking astonishing that after Wonder Woman it didn't break 100 million. But then, Wonder Woman also for sure captured the attention of people who don't care about superhero movies normally; my mom, who's never watched a superhero film before in her life, watched it on a plane on recommendation from a friend and told me how much she liked it after I picked her up from an airport.

"Booyah" has been Cyborg's catchphrase since the Titans cartoon. I'd be kinda bothered if he didn't say it.

And the award for "Most Bizarre Appearance on a TV Show" goes to..(spoilers for tomorrows Arrow)

1200px-Billy_Joel_Shankbone_NYC_2009.jpg

Billy Joel!  Footage from one of his concerts will be used as part of the episodes plot, which involves an attack at a concert

15 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Honestly, I came out of the movie liking Cyborg more than anyone else. The movie was, I thought, really mediocre, which is bad in and of itself but is at least a step ahead of BvS. Some of the Joss Whedon scenes stick out like a sore thumb and his patter feels really wrong coming out of Batman's mouth, and it felt like there were these constant moments where some character would say shit like "booyah" or "all riiiiiiiiiiight" and it would start feeling more like a big-budget energy drink commercial more than a superhero movie. But there was also some stuff I liked!

Hide contents

While I thought they completely overdid The Flash-as-comic relief, all of his interactions with Superman were great. I loved their fight, loved Flash saving the car with that family in it only to look over and see that Superman saved an entire fucking building, and liked that one of the post-credits scenes was a nod to the classic race between them. It's the most I've ever enjoyed Henry Cavill's Superman by a mile.

and while I feel like this movie actually managed to lower the stock of Batfleck (something about his Bruce Wayne just feels wrong, like they're trying to convince you that he's damaged and has lost part of his humanity but Affleck does absolutely nothing to sell it), I'm excited to get one more movie of Jeremy Irons' Alfred.

fucking astonishing that after Wonder Woman it didn't break 100 million. But then, Wonder Woman also for sure captured the attention of people who don't care about superhero movies normally; my mom, who's never watched a superhero film before in her life, watched it on a plane on recommendation from a friend and told me how much she liked it after I picked her up from an airport.

Cyborg, the Flash and Wonder Woman are definitely the best half of the Justice League. Superman is just played all over the place, Batfleck sucks, and Jason Momoa's Aquaman is dry as a bone, it does absolutely nothing for me.

16 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wonder Woman also had really strong word of mouth, which definitely helped. It's definitely the big budget film I've recommended most over the last year. I feel like the marketing for Justice League, at least in the UK, has been pretty weak. I caught a trailer last week while watching something else at the cinema, but I'd honestly kept forgetting it was coming out - and, have also since that trailer, forgot it's out now. 

• Like 1