The Capital One Cup 2012/13 Thread

Lineker

My favourite bit was when Bennett came off and they played a back three, but not three across the middle, two centre halfs and a right back. Lamberts way ahead of his time, everyone will be doing it in 2022.

There was no shape at all. It was like schoolboy football once it went to 1-1.

As Summ already pointed out: 4 strikers in a line... holy fuck. That was embarrassing to see.

I've been keeping my eye on Twitter, preying for any rumblings of him resigning. Nothing heard yet.

I don't know where we go from here. Villa fans still seem to be fairly split on Lambert, which to me is baffling. Maybe he will be given the Newcastle game on Saturday but if we lose against them, I think we are done for. Everybody else who is down at the bottom appear to be at least fighting. We have no fight in us.

Yeah, after that win at Liverpool, all the talk was about how well Villa were doing and were on the up. That changed real quick, aye? :P

I do agree though that he should go. Relegation battle, squad showing no fight, losing to League 2 sides... all too much. I think he is a decent manager, but it just has been a mess for him at Villa. Like someone else said - too much, too soon.

I like Lambert, I think he's a good manager but there is absolutely no excuse at all for losing to a League 2 team over two legs when you're in the bloody Premier League.

Delighted for Bradford, they've put in a tremendous effort to get to the final. This is unheard of and you'd imagine almost impossible to do in the modern day. Cracking achievement.