The Capital One Cup 2012/13 Thread

Lineker

Because there was ten minutes left and he was going to put down for the keeper.

Strikers do that all the time when chasing a game.

As for the "don't kick a kid" stuff. He didn't just walk over to a kid and booted him. A kid withheld the ball from him, lay on it and held it. Haz tried to kick it from under him.

As for the "don't kick a kid" stuff. He didn't just walk over to a kid and booted him. A kid withheld the ball from him, lay on it and held it. Haz tried to kick it from under him.

You're saying that like he was lying on it for ages. He was on it for all of about two seconds. Sure, he shouldn't have been doing it, but if your first reaction to "hey, they're not giving me something I want" is "kick them" then there's an issue there.

• Like 3

Yeah, but usually the strikers ran and got the ball when its loose, that ballboy had it in his hands, and Hazards got his hands on him before he goes down. The kids gone down easily, but there's contact :shifty:

Really silly from Hazard though, and the refs got little choice.

Also, Welsh team or League 2 team in Europe!

Edited by Colly

You're saying that like he was lying on it for ages. He was on it for all of about two seconds. Sure, he shouldn't have been doing it, but if your first reaction to "hey, they're not giving me something I want" is "kick them" then there's an issue there.

You mean apart from the fact he tried to get the ball off him when he was standing?

Then you see him reach for it multiple times while the kid ignores him and holds onto it like he's fucking Gollum. He didn't just run over and kick a kid, no matter how much you want to make it seem like that.

• Like 3

The ball boy shouldn't have led on it and he was being a bit of a cock, I agree with that.

But Hazard shouldn't be trying to kick the ball out from under him, he's probably about 12, a man in his 20's shouldn't be swinging his feet around a kid like that when the kid is led down, what if the kid moved and he kicked him in his head? Let the ref handle it instead of doing something stupid like he did.

The ballboy should've been ejected for interfering in the game like that. It's one thing to be a bit slow in throwing the ball back in but it's another to prevent the ball from going back into play.

The kid was stupid and if he got kicked at all it was not on purpose. What else was Hazard meant to do? Let him sit on the ball and waste time? Pick him up and throw him off the ball? He didn't smash him in the ribs he just kicked at the ball under the kid.

This is a whole mess of dumb.

I hope this leads to something ridiculous like the FA bringing in independently appointed impartial ball retrieval technicians. :shifty:

I fucking hope so, Newcastle have the worst ballboys in the country. Long gone are the days where Andy Carroll provided assists for Alan Shearer, takes twenty minutes to get the ball back nowadays.

The kid was stupid and if he got kicked at all it was not on purpose. What else was Hazard meant to do? Let him sit on the ball and waste time? Pick him up and throw him off the ball?

The first one.
Just step back and let the kid give the ball to the keeper would be my vote. Edited by Colly

Swansea captain defends Swansea ballboy, shock!

The ballboy got involved in the game, he can't do that. He physically stopped the ball from re-entering play. He stopped a player from getting it back into play. He then had the ball kicked from under him.

The kid was stupid and if he got kicked at all it was not on purpose. What else was Hazard meant to do? Let him sit on the ball and waste time? Pick him up and throw him off the ball?

The first one.
Just step back and let the kid give the ball to the keeper would be my vote.

Well and good but he tried to take the ball from him, to speed the process up. Which is fine. Nothing wrong with that. The kid then decides to dive to the floor to waste time and stop the game from continuing. He was in the wrong. Haz wanted the ball back, then reached for it from both sides and the kid didn't give it up, so he kicked it away.