The Capital One Cup 2012/13 Thread

Lineker

I doubt Hazard intended to kick the boy in the ribs and if he did I doubt it was even that hard.

I hope it doesn't get buried under "Eden Hazard kicked ball boy" that "ball boy did something very stupid."

I don't understand grabbing the ball for the keeper anyway, the ballboy had it and was going to give it the keeper. It would have saved about 4 seconds.

And he obviously didn't mean to kick the ball boy in the ribs, if he even did. But it was pretty stupid swinging his leg under a kid like that, no matter what.

• Like 1

Just say something to the ref instead of putting yourself in a situation like has has done, he put the ref in a situation in which a red was always going to be shown as you can't be swinging your legs kicking towards ballboys even if they are lying on top of the ball or if you don't actually kick them.

Hazard should have known better plain and simple.

• Like 1

I don't understand grabbing the ball for the keeper anyway, the ballboy had it and was going to give it the keeper. It would have saved about 4 seconds.

And he obviously didn't mean to kick the ball boy in the ribs, if he even did. But it was pretty stupid swinging his leg under a kid like that, no matter what.

That's just it for me, the kid didn't exactly have it for ten seconds, he's picked it up as Hazard starts messing about, just get back in play. Scallywag or not, you don't swing a kick at a child. I do advocate smothering the Stoke lads with their own towels though.

The Liberty Stadium is the most dangerous ground in football....There was the attempted murder of Van Persie and now Hazard abusing children

Strange one that. From the first angles I see it looked like he got no contact on the ball, but I just see the angle showing that he clearly did and that angle also makes it look like there's barely any contact what so ever with the ball boy. Either way, Hazard shouldn't of done it, silly thing to go and do, tough to argue with the red.

• Like 1