The Capital One Cup 2012/13 Thread

Lineker

And are League Cup games included in that delightful United policy of "we will automatically force all STH to buy a ticket for every home cup game regardless of circumstance"? I can but laugh.

Chelsea hiked their League Cup prices from £20 to £25 a year ago. Still, not too bad.

EDIT: Just looked up the United ticket prices for League Cup games and they do indeed sit in the region of £30 - £52 for adults, depending on the seat (with £44 being pretty common).

I do like how they list the League Cup prices on a different page to their Premier League and FA Cup prices, despite them being effectively identical.

Think I'll start praying my club remains comparatively unsuccessful/unpopular to actually allow me to attend. That Chelsea game was great all round as you could tell on the tube coming back that loads of people had taken advantage of the price to take their kids for once. Oh well, praise be to Sky.

And are League Cup games included in that delightful United policy of "we will automatically force all STH to buy a ticket for every home cup game regardless of circumstance"? I can but laugh.

Chelsea hiked their League Cup prices from £20 to £25 a year ago. Still, not too bad.

EDIT: Just looked up the United ticket prices for League Cup games and they do indeed sit in the region of £30 - £52 for adults, depending on the seat (with £44 being pretty common).

I do like how they list the League Cup prices on a different page to their Premier League and FA Cup prices, despite them being effectively identical.

You can opt out of League Cup games IIRC.

Our price depends on who you play so for example when we had Man U in the fa cup it was 40/45 but when we had Brighton it was 20. Think its the same with the league cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Cuuuuuup tiiiiiime

Hoping to see Cesar Azpilicueta debut tonight, for Moses to get his first start and maybe (just maybe) Marko Marin making his first appearance after his summer injury. Apparently Lucas Piazon might even get a go in the first team.

This is why I like the League Cup - the Sunday Night Heat of English football!

To follow up on my winge about the price for Man Utd tomorrow, from Nufc.com:

To give you an idea of just how ridiculous and out of context this pricing is, here's what you'll pay as an away fan at the other ties in this competition at top-flight grounds this week:

Norwich v Doncaster £10

Southampton v Sheffield Wed £15

West Brom v Liverpool £15

QPR v Reading £15 (advance ST sales £10)

West Ham v Wigan £15 (advance ST sales £10)

Arsenal v Coventry £20 (advance ST sales £10)

Man City v Villa £22.50

Chelsea v Wolves £25

And for completeness, here's what the other travelling Premier League fans are paying this week:

Crawley v Swansea £17

MK Dons v mackems £15 (advance ST sales £13)

Carlisle v Spurs £19

Leeds v Everton £20

PS: It's possible to buy cheaper non-member adult tickets for upcoming Champions League games at Old Trafford than for this League Cup tie.

Madness, especially considering how comparable City v Villa is (title contenders at home to midtable, outside of London, similar travel distance for away fans) at exactly half the price.