The Capital One Cup 2012/13 Thread

Lineker

Nah. Rumours of "let him die" during a 19th minute Petrov applause. City fans denying it all over twitter though.

That's beyond disgusting if true.

Not too happy with Blues tonight but it's not the end of the world. I really want Moyes to get a trophy whilst he's at Everton but there's still the FA Cup this year. Didn't really get going until the 80th minute which is no good.

Caught the end of Leeds/Everton. Very entertaining, though Everton should have had a pen on 90 minutes when Pearce bearhugged Anichebe on a cross. Hilariously (or not, if you're an Everton fan) the ref was no more than 10-15 yards away looking directly at Anichebe!

I'm sure it'll come out if true, Sky have a highlights show Thursday so there's certainly cameras there. Taking it with a pinch of salt until then, seems unusual for two teams with no particular issues, and a cup crowd at that.

I would not be at all surprised if it's true. We've been known to have the odd group of dickhead fans, probably the same type who get pissed and sing the Munich song. Tickets go cheap in the COC, so it's easier for that type of scum to get in, unfortunately.

EDIT: A lot of journos and neutrals, and some Villa fans too, now saying on Twitter that they heard nothing but applause in the 19th minute. Apparently it was all a "rumour started by a Red or two to detract from their own obscenities". Pretty sick, whether there was chanting or it was a rumour started up.

Should be a decent United side out tonight, I'd expect the likes of Hernandez, Welbeck, Cleverley, Fletcher, Powell, Buttner and De Gea to play. Even Super Bebe might see some minutes! It'll be a tough game but we defo have the players to get through.

I don't. Besides the fact we don't actually have a full strength side available (Simpsons injured!), Pards has already shown we're prioritising the league. I hope I'm wrong and we see Cabaye and Ben Arfa, but wouldn't be surprised to see a decent back 4 since we've no depth there and the rest of the Euro squad, which even a backup Man Utd squad should be able to batter.

Might see Cisse though as he needs a goal, so there's always a chance.

Edited by Colly