2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Team news confirmed: my earlier lineup was nailed on, except that Cole is fit and in the first eleven.

Practising the 4-6-0 for when Pep takes over. :shifty:

I generally have no problem with the 4-6-0 but as brilliant as Oscar/Mata/Hazard are, I'm not sure they've got enough firepower. Has Torres been that bad recently?

Bad enough I suppose. Plus our defence hasn't been good either so shifts needed to be made somewhere.

Am now wondering if this is actually going to be more of a 5-2-3 (or whatever)...with Cole/Azpi the wing-backs around a back three of Cahill/Luiz/Bane. Then Mikel/Rami...and the front three do whatever they want as usual. :shifty:

Not sure if this was posted but: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9690227/Galatasaray-v-Manchester-United-Turkish-police-forced-to-use-pepper-spray-on-disruptive-fans-as-United-arrive.html

Someone want to remind me why these cunts are allowed to play in Europe? Really hope all Man Utd fans, players and staff are safe and return home safely.

• Admin

The main team news that matters:

Benfica: Artur Moraes, Almeida, Luisao, Garay, Melgarejo, John, Matic, Lima, Perez, Cardozo, Salvio.

Subs: Paulo Lopes, Bruno Cesar, Nolito, Maxi Pereira, Rodrigo, Gaitan, Jardel.

Celtic: Forster, Lustig, Wilson, Ambrose, Matthews, Brown, Ledley, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Samaras, Hooper.

Subs: Zaluska, Miku, Nouioui, Commons, McCourt, Watt, Kayal.

Referee: Viktor Kassai (Hungary)

Not sure if this was posted but: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9690227/Galatasaray-v-Manchester-United-Turkish-police-forced-to-use-pepper-spray-on-disruptive-fans-as-United-arrive.html

Someone want to remind me why these cunts are allowed to play in Europe? Really hope all Man Utd fans, players and staff are safe and return home safely.

They're nutters, I wouldn't travel to this game even if somebody paid me too.

Atmosphere is mental as expected, should be a good game I'd say based on the lineups.

Really don't know what match to watch.

Me neither, but I'm considering watching Nordsjaelland, gotta be more interesting than any of the British games... That or I keep watching the boring bits of each game :/

You've missed nothing in the game involving your two favourite teams, don't worry.