2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

And it's over, shame for Dortmund but Bayern finally get their much wanted CL title they failed to get 2 times before.

The treble is complete, fair play to Bayern and old man Heynckes.

The German Cup final hasn't happened yet. >_>

I think Jurgen Klopp will be back in a final sooner rather than later, dude is like 45 years old and already regarded as one of the best managers out there. He turned Dortmund from a struggling midtabler to a downright superpower.

I just hope they can find a way to replace the costly losses of Götze and also Lewandowski who has demanded to leave.

And it's over, shame for Dortmund but Bayern finally get their much wanted CL title they failed to get 2 times before.

The treble is complete, fair play to Bayern and old man Heynckes.

The German Cup final hasn't happened yet. >_>

Ah never mind then, I thought they already won that.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Arjen Robben's biography should be titled "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

He finally did something in an important match, and he was the best player out there.

I was pleased that Dante didn't get sent off and the official just awarded them a penalty, despite it being a harsh kick it was certainly something that was largely incidental. Glad to see an official not swing the game off of that.

Dortmund's future is intriguing, I'm sure they'll be able to afford a number of young talented players in the transfer window and if they can repeat their success with this generation they'll be able to continue to challenge in Germany and Europe.

Arjen Robben's biography should be titled "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

He finally did something in an important match, and he was the best player out there.

I was pleased that Dante didn't get sent off and the official just awarded them a penalty, despite it being a harsh kick it was certainly something that was largely incidental. Glad to see an official not swing the game off of that.

Incidental or not, it was a yellow card no what way you look at it. He was already booked, there was absolutely no way he should've been on the pitch after that.

Incidental or not, it was a yellow card no what way you look at it. He was already booked, there was absolutely no way he should've been on the pitch after that.

You don't have to issue a yellow card on a penalty kick, I can see the argument for why he should have but the official clearly felt that he wasn't going to swing the entire outcome of a game based on two minor incidents involving Dante.

You can't really justify the decision by saying it would've swung the game if he had been sent off. Yes it would've been a soft red overall, but the two separate fouls were both yellows in my eyes. When you raise your leg that high in the box, it's a yellow. The ref bottled it because it was such high stakes.

And the ball was there when he lifted his leg to kick it, in slow motion it looked a lot worse than it did at regular speed. It would have been a soft red and I'm all in favor of there not being soft reds in games, let the men play.

Ref bottled it. Bayern shoulda been down to 9. Typical bigger club protection.