Critically panned movies that you liked

MalaCloudy Black

Oh! That reminds me of Suburban Commando. I should watch that again, it is probably atrocious, but I loved it when I was a kid.

I've been trying to convince the present Lady Skumfrog to watch Suburban Commando with me for months.

Actually, I've having people round at the end of the month, the plan was to watch Last Action Hero, I might change to Suburban Commando and The Howling 2.

I enjoyed John Carter, actually. It was hokey and stupid, but then, so is the book it's based on. It certainly wasn't a bad film, and it had it's nice moments. I don't think you could have really done a better adaptation of Princess Of Mars, so it was what it was.

And Dominic West hamming it up as the villain was amazing. He was like, third, on a scale that has Gary Oldman in Book Of Eli at number two, and Jeremy Irons in Dungeons & Dragons at number one.

Skummy gets it.

Deliver Us From Eva, Biker Boyz.. unknown and shat on critically, some of my favorites.

This, this, so much this. I remember watching this movie on TV with my friends, and we literally had a collective "holy shit" moment when...well, when the twist happened. Though I'd say we/I love it more for the complete hilariousness and out-of-left-field-ness of the twist rather than the quality of the movie, but hey.

Also the implied sex scene that just turns out to be LL Cool J and his gurl playing pool was pretty awesome tongue.gif.

• Like 1

I agree on Suburban Commando. I'd say its probably the best movie Hogan was in. You had the Undertaker as a bounty hunter and Christopher Lloyd saying "I WAS FROZEN TODAY!". Whats not to love?

I also watch Jingle All the Way every Christmas.

I'll ditto the love for Jingle All the Way. It's just not Christmas for me without watching that movie. On a Phil Hartman and Sinbad note, Houseguest is also hilarious imo. Maybe it's just the wrestling fan in me, but I adore Ready to Rumble as well.