2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

^ That's pretty good.

Yeah, I've been having the Montero/Rosales debate with a few friends around here. Rosales doesn't fit the set up they have now with Johnson/Martins and Zakuani/Martinez on the outside. Montero would fit in the middle of that much better, leaving Shalrie behind him as a stopper. If Montero doesn't come back I don't think Mauro could fill that slot.

USOC play in matches are May 7 and the first round is May 14th. A few U23 squads from MLS in the mix (NYRB/SEA/POR). The NASL/USL sides enter in round 2, and MLS sides in round 3.

Landon Donovan and Sigi have gushed over Robbie Rogers. Chicago could end up making out like a bandit.

CCL concludes tonight with Santos going to Monterrey.

Fucking Monterrey ... wow. 30 left in the match, down 2-0 ... and they win 4-2. All around collapse by Santos who'd gone into a shell after going up 2-0. Unbelievable. 3rd straight CCL for Monterrey.

LOL Toronto is back after MTL whipped them 6-0 in leg two of their Canadian Title semi. Toronto was actually up 2-0 after the first leg but holy shit did MTL play a fantastic match.

Vancouver will see them in the final after beating Edmonton 2-0 in their 2nd leg.

Have to give huge props to Make-A-Wish, Portland, and MLS for this awesome and classy display for an 8yr old diagnosed with cancer:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/01/how-portland-timbers-made-cancer-stricken-8-year-olds-wish-come-true

and the web editors even did an "anatomy of a goal" bit on it on the MLS website: http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/05/02/anatomy-goal-atticus-clutch-green-machine-beat-timbers

Pure freaking class by the league, organization, and Timber's Army.

Ugly match at Philly ... 3 reds, shit refs ... just horrible all the way around (although Rosales remembered he was a decent player).

Not that they really need it, but SKC gets a huge attacking option back as Kamara's time with Norwich is done. Not sure he'll be in KC all that long though.

Freaking San Jose with another 90th+ minute equalizer.

... aaaaand LOL Donovan, missing ANOTHER PK (saved, but still).

TFC has brought in Caldwell on loan (CB Birmingham) and Jeremy Brockie from Wellington Phoenix.

Brockie just got done finishing 2nd in the A-League golden boot race with 16 goals in 25 matches. Going back to 2010 he's 27 goals in 66 matches. He can play as a ST/Wing/AM .... seems like a solid pick up, only 25 and has been a NZ national team regular since 2006 (including the undefeated 2010 WC squad).

USOC play in matches are May 7 and the first round is May 14th. A few U23 squads from MLS in the mix (NYRB/SEA/POR). The NASL/USL sides enter in round 2, and MLS sides in round 3.

And hopefully playing against a USL side will give Ft Lauderdale at least one win before the fall season >.>

Chivas USA have apparently traded Juan Agudelo to New England. No clue what for yet.

EDIT: Just allocation money. Haha.

Ahahahah WTF ? Marcus Hahnemann gets a red on the bench for dissent. 4th official better have some good justification for that.

Holy fuck Houston lambasted DCU 4-0 ... Barnes went off with a hamstring injury. Really hope his injury bug isn't coming back :( ...

TITI !!!!!!! Brace for Henry ... MTL got one late but NY holds on 2-1.

Djimi Traore is officilly a Sounders legend and he's only been here for three months. Goddamn.

Djimi! :wub:

Djimi Traore is officilly a Sounders legend and he's only been here for three months. Goddamn.

I'm really pissed at that goal. Kept me from having about as perfect a fantasy game night as one could have.

If I had started Holgersson instead of Beitashour and made Will Bruin captain I'm pretty sure I would have notched 100 points in one night.

My biggest mistake was not captaining Henry ... he may not play against NE (which is why I didn't) but a brace would have been nice. Because of the scoring I have a defender captaining this week. It may end up being the right call.