2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

For the first time in ... well... ever, TFC actually might have a set roster before camp starts. Wonder what kind of an effect it will have on the standings? Defoe's apparently all but signed. With him and Gilberto up front, some (OK, a TFC fan blog) is suggesting 20+ more TFC goals. That should get them in the playoffs. But we've all seen how thoroughly TFC and MLSE can turn gold into shit, so I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/12/16/chicago-fire-build-first-its-kind-soccer-center-heart-chicago so that's what CHI is building. Bad ass.

SKC trades a 2014 second rounder to CLB for GK Andy Gruenebaum (great move).

Goff reporting that DCU is going to be signing Eddie Johnson and he'll be a DP.

DAFUQ ? How did I miss this ?

Seattle Sounders signed 27-year-old Steve Clark from Norwegian side Honefoss BK, but then immediately traded Clark to the Columbus Crew in exchange for a fourth round SuperDraft pick in 2015.

CLARK IS IN THE LEAGUE !!!!! WOOOOOO !!! ... and really Seattle ? Why the shit would you immediately trade him off ? (looks more and more likely as though a GK is being drafted, that's why)

Seattle Sounders signed 27-year-old Steve Clark from Norwegian side Honefoss BK, but then immediately traded Clark to the Columbus Crew in exchange for a fourth round SuperDraft pick in 2015.

CLARK IS IN THE LEAGUE !!!!! WOOOOOO !!! ... and really Seattle ? Why the shit would you immediately trade him off ? (looks more and more likely as though a GK is being drafted, that's why)

My guess is that Steve Clark was on Seattle's discovery list (or whatever), but Columbus really wanted him and he really wanted Columbus. So the sign-and-trade was an easy way to make that happen and get the Sounders something in return.

My guess is that Steve Clark was on Seattle's discovery list (or whatever), but Columbus really wanted him and he really wanted Columbus. So the sign-and-trade was an easy way to make that happen and get the Sounders something in return.

The actualities, yes .... I meant more along the lines of the fact that they aren't exactly set at GK. Hahnemann isn't long term, Ford is a reserve, and Frei is a gamble.

TFC takes DeRo.

I don't really know how to feel about this. I think both he and MLSE acted badly the last time around. Re-entry Draft means players still play at their old salary, right? If so, I'm not sure if $600k is the right price point for him on this team at this point in his career.

players that are selected in Stage Two can negotiate a new salary with the team that has chosen them. Whether or not the player accepts the salary offer, as long as that salary is deemed as a “genuine offer” by MLS, the team retains the player's league rights.

• Like 1