2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

True, but Beckham isn't going to plop himself down in San Antonio, Texas .... or anywhere like it. He's going to a flashy place because you know, Beckham.

NY and LA are spoken for ... and Beckham has restrictions as well in the agreement.

Where's left for him to go ?

So the Union Facebook page posted that we were like the #5 most searched football team on Google (in the US). I made a joke post saying that the most searched thing was "What is wrong with the Philadelphia Union?" and they deleted it. So then I noticed that the two people who posted before me, also criticizing the team, also had their posts deleted. I posted again calling out the deletion of posts with criticism. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

Not sure what this post is for, other than just to let go of some frustration. We have a shitty year and we've done dick since to improve. We always have a sellout crowd, yet no one in the front office seems to really care about putting a winner out on the field.

Don't mind me. I'll be here through the pre-season, hoping for something to happen, but I'll disappear after the first couple weeks when I realize that we're still hopeless. <_<

• Like 1

WOW: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/12/20/report-mexican-power-cruz-azul-add-mlsers-jose-villarreal-michael-farfan-and One of the biggest clubs in Mexico (Cruz Azul) has snared three youngsters from the league (M-Farfan, Rafael Baca, Jose Villareal) .... HUGE knock to LA (although reports are coming out that he's only there until May)

In mixed news for Dallas, Pareja may well be the new coach (yay) but Raul Fernandez might be on the outs (boo)

Gaston Fernandez is reported to have signed a 1yr deal with Portland (at a DP contract but with club option to configure the deal below DP threshold if they wish to keep him past the single season).

Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi (Captain of Ajaccio) is apparently all but signed to .... someone in the league.

Federico Puppo has been requested by Chicago to return for pre-season training

Belatedly, Jose Villareal on loan is not a huge knock to LA.

You want a huge knock to a team? The Vancouver Whitecaps have apparently sold Camilo Sanvezzo to Queretaro. I'm assuming it was "offer you can't refuse" money but that's still MLS' Golden Boot winner being sold to a Liga MX team.

EDIT: Vancouver front office is now claiming that the news is a hoax.

Miami Dade County have voted in support of Beckham starting a MLS franchise.

Oh if I can only see their faces when they get Fusion-level numbers in Joe Robbie.

In spite of the fact that he's apparently still under contract for next year, Camilo Sanvezzo has done a physical for Queretaro and their official twitter has a picture of him in their jersey.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2013/11/whitecaps-fc-roster-update  According to the Caps, he is.  They exercised his option back at the end of November according to them.

From their official twitter:

The league has confirmed that he is under contract, but is deferring to the Whitecaps for official comment right now.

The San Jose Earthquakes agreed to terms with French side AC Ajaccio for the transfer of their captain Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi.

TFC and DeRo have agreed to terms.

Seattle has given Lamar Neagle a contract extension.

CCL Quarter Final dates set:

March 10 Arabe Unido @ Alajuelense

March 11 Toluca @ San Jose

March 12 Cruz Azul @ SKC - Tijuana @ LA Galaxy

Also, San Jose is relaunching the club in conjunction with its 40th anniversary and are getting a new badge (perhaps changes to the color scheme as well).