WWE 2K14

apsham

The model for last year's Booker T was atrocious, so I'm glad they didn't put him in again. Still amazes me that TNA's game had a dead-on likeness for his character model, but WWE13's model looked like some kind of Simpsons nightmare.

The graphics on the last few WWE games - this one included, it seems - just seem to get progressively worse, in line with software developments. I know graphics aren't everything, but they make a difference in this sort of game, and the Ultimate Warrior just looks like a plasticine monstrosity.

We're almost on the PS4, video game graphics are by far the greatest they've ever been, yet we still can't have a wrestling game with hair that isn't one solid lump, or a ponytail that disappears through Shawn Michaels' shoulder.

The sooner 2K Games have the sense to scrap the engine and build a new game from scratch, the better.

• Like 3

confirmed universe info

• You can change how many matches there are on Major (5-7 matches) and Minor shows (3-7 matches)
  • New Rivalry Manager
  • Each show can have their own rivalries
  • Rivalries can be Short, Medium, or Long
  • Rivalries can be Single or Tag Team
  • News Items for the whole week are kept track of

Eh, it doesn't impress me much. Most of the stuff in that video is either cutscenes stolen from Story Designer (like Bryan fighting off all three Shield members before being backed into a corner) or edited to not look so iffy (Kofi double-stomping a guy through a table). Even the gameplay additions - the OMG Moment double finishers, literally every catch finisher except for Swiss Death - don't look that good.

I'm gonna be sitting this year out. Hopefully 2K will ensure that next year is actually done with some competence.