The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

This has been much better. It shows how effective a bit of pressure is. Swansea haven't been able to deal with it. Going forward, we've been a different team second half. Fletcher is controlling the midfield too. So good to see.

It's nice to see some effort and determination from more than just one player for a change.

Much better in the second half. Moyes got the setup slightly wrong from the start and realised that towards the end of the first half. Switched Kagawa into the middle which is clearly his best position and Januzaj out wide with license to roam. Suddenly we took control of the game from there and actually looked good in attack. Januzaj will take all of the plaudits but Kagawa's linking and simple stuff through the middle shouldn't go unnoticed IMO.

Good boost ahead of the Chelsea game. Think that'll be a tight one as usual.

I don't think Swans have won a game on Sky this season.

I'm glad this was on Sky. Utd can't win on BT for shit. We beat Palace at home, but drew at WHL with Spurs, lost to Newcastle and Spurs at home, then to you guys last weekend.

Nice to finally win again! Next weekend will be tough but as long as we don't stand off Chelsea for 90mins, we'll have a chance of getting something.

I don't think it would've changed the game, but I can't help but feel United's opener should've been ruled out. Valencia was offside when the cross was swung in. He didn't make contact, but he definitely influenced the play as he challenged Williams on the header.

Sian Massey would've gotten the call right!

• Like 1

That's an interesting one, ball didn't cross the line, but then Campbell pushes the keeper over the line with the ball so the refs magic watch will pop up with 'GOAL!'. Given there's no video replay he won't know whether that refers to before or after the foul, so was that ruled out by the linesman the old fashioned way?

Man City aren't prolific away from the Etihad. They'll more than likely win comfortably but hopefully it's a tight game.

Taylor is a liability and Pardew's "keep it tight no matter what" approach will see us sitting back for most of the game. I'd like to think we could give a similar kind of performance like Chelsea or Man United but Man City's movement is exactly the kind of thing we struggle against. There's a reason we haven't got a result against Man City since we came back up. I expect us to get one shot on target through an easily saved Santon effort from 20 yards.

As a serious question for Manchester United fans, what do you think would have to happen for United to sack Moyes? Not saying he should be, not saying that he shouldn't be, just wondering what the feeling is among supporters.

If we don't get CL football, he may well be sacked.
I think this post is the nail on the head. Get top 4, Moyes gets another season, don't and I think they'll cough out as much as necessary to get Klopp... Not that I think that will solve anything because the problem is the squad far moreso than the manager

And for the reason you mentioned, I don't think he should be sacked. It has been a shocking season by Utd's standards and opposition fans have been quick to jump on Moyes because of that. But looking at it, we're within touching distance of a CL position, into the last 16, and a few points behind Liverpool (I know we've played one more) who are having what's supposedly an amazing season.